Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disassociate a Level from a View

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Disassociate a Level from a View

    Is this possible? I know you can create a view from a level, but I need the oppossite.

    Here's what happened:

    I had my levels set up; first floor, second floor, roof. I have already inserted some custom columns for porte co's and such that are level driven. The top of the columns are set to the second floor level with a negative offset.

    Well, I had to raise the second floor, which messed up all of my columns. I figured I had two choices:

    1. raise the level, then go to each column and increase the offset so they stay the same height.

    2. Rename the second floor level to top of column, then create a new level for the second floor.

    I chose the latter so that the columns and the second floor were separate in case the second floor level changed again. When I did this, I also deleted the second floor view, which I recreated when I created the new level. The problem is that the level head is still blue, looking for the view, which I deleted. Is there a way to disassociate the level and turn the level head black? Did I mess something up? :laugh:
    Dan

    #2
    Rename your level from a section view. It will ask it you wana do somthing.... read it figure it out.
    -Alex Cunningham

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
      Rename your level from a section view. It will ask it you wana do somthing.... read it figure it out.
      YEah, I'v done that before. That just asks if you want to rename the view. Unless you are talking about something different??

      I deleted the view, but the level head is still blue and associated with something.
      Dan

      Comment


        #4
        Look for a ceiling plan...they tend to get tucked away.

        Comment


          #5
          Dont overthink it... but let the levels stay associated...simply move the levels were you need them then just select a column right click then select all instances and change their offset...1 minute and you're finished plus the levels wont get ****** up
          -J
          http://about.me/JayZallan
          Tweet, Link or Blog me up!!!

          Comment


            #6
            If the top of the columns arent moving with the Second Level, they shouldnt be set to an offset of the second level. If the overall height is important, set the Top constraint to level 1 and just type in the height you want.
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
            @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

            Comment


              #7
              another option would have been to add a new level in, without creating a plan and call it column head. Then associate the columns to that level. Then move the Second floor level to whatever height you wanted.
              Andrew Harp
              BIM Manager GHD
              If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
              If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by jsnyder View Post
                Look for a ceiling plan...they tend to get tucked away.
                What he said, your solution should work fine (as it did for me when I tried it), so it seems that there must be an associated RCP.
                I used to be high on life, until I realised it was cut with Morons.
                Combating ignorance daily through learning.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Okay, let's do this all in one post :laugh:

                  Originally posted by jsnyder View Post
                  Look for a ceiling plan...they tend to get tucked away.
                  I don't have the project in front of me (It's a side job I'm doing at home, shhhh, don't tell anyone). But I bet you are correct. A light bulb went off as soon as I read your post.

                  Originally posted by JBZ View Post
                  Dont overthink it... but let the levels stay associated...simply move the levels were you need them then just select a column right click then select all instances and change their offset...1 minute and you're finished plus the levels wont get ****** up
                  Yeah, I thought about that. But decided to give them their own level in case it changed again. Rather than figuring out more offsets. Not that it was that difficult, I was just trying to make it simpler. I probably should have went this route and moved on. :laugh:

                  Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
                  If the top of the columns arent moving with the Second Level, they shouldnt be set to an offset of the second level. If the overall height is important, set the Top constraint to level 1 and just type in the height you want.
                  Dangit Aaron, now you tell me!! I keep forgetting that you can set the bottom and top constraints to the same level, then just offset the height. This would have been the simplest way I think. But, I'm way past this now. Unless, of course, I want to redo it................again.

                  Originally posted by Drew View Post
                  another option would have been to add a new level in, without creating a plan and call it column head. Then associate the columns to that level. Then move the Second floor level to whatever height you wanted.
                  I actually thought of this as well, but since they were already associated and I hadn't started the second floor yet, I did it backwards. Sometimes, in an effort to take the quickest route, I wind up making everything worse and taking more time to fix what should have been done correctly in the first place.

                  Oh well, I'm still learning. In hindsight, I would have thought about it a little more before I added the columns. The project still works, but now I'll know how to do it better on the next project.

                  Thanks for all the responses, guys. Once again, RFo kicks ass!!
                  Dan

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by dzatto View Post
                    Oh well, I'm still learning. In hindsight, I would have thought about it a little more before I added the columns. The project still works, but now I'll know how to do it better on the next project.
                    That's the only way to properly learn...
                    Martijn de Riet
                    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                    MdR Advies
                    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X