Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

walls and curtain walls

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    walls and curtain walls

    hello.. im stuck in my project right now. i created two arc walls shaped like a letter "S" and wanted to put curtain walls within them. the problem is when i drawing the profile of the curtain walls i notice that the endpoint in which the two of them meet has still a wall between them. how can i create a continous profile for my curtain walls? thanks

    #2
    Something like this? I drew my main walls, then drew the curtain walls to be embedded. While in sketch mode for the curtain wall, I used the Pick Line tool and selected the centerline of each wall.
    Attached Files
    Dan

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by dzatto View Post
      Something like this? I drew my main walls, then drew the curtain walls to be embedded. While in sketch mode for the curtain wall, I used the Pick Line tool and selected the centerline of each wall.
      that's the ugliest curtain wall that I've ever seen!
      signed,
      the curtain wall snob
      I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

      Comment


        #4
        yes that one! does your method also apply with storefront? i noticed there's a tiny fraction of wall similar to a slice of pizza found between the point where the two mullions meet. i will try your method later on. thanks for the reply.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
          that's the ugliest curtain wall that I've ever seen!
          signed,
          the curtain wall snob
          OOTB stuff dude. OOTB stuff. Modeled in about 20 seconds.

          Originally posted by wheen9 View Post
          yes that one! does your method also apply with storefront? i noticed there's a tiny fraction of wall similar to a slice of pizza found between the point where the two mullions meet. i will try your method later on. thanks for the reply.
          I looked for the tiny fraction of wall (in my attachment it looks like there's one), but it's just where the 2 mullions of 2 separate curtain wall sketch lines are. I'm sure if I took the time I could get it to disappear...Or I could just send it to Dave to fix.
          Dan

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by dzatto View Post
            OOTB stuff dude. OOTB stuff. Modeled in about 20 seconds.



            I looked for the tiny fraction of wall (in my attachment it looks like there's one), but it's just where the 2 mullions of 2 separate curtain wall sketch lines are. I'm sure if I took the time I could get it to disappear...Or I could just send it to Dave to fix.



            that would be great. also if there is a way wherein it can be just one continuous sketch and eliminate the two vertical mullions attached together.

            thanks!
            Last edited by DaveP; February 13, 2014, 01:41 PM.

            Comment

            Related Topics

            Collapse

            Working...
            X