Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RSS Feed and Revit Communication Channel Compatibility

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    RSS Feed and Revit Communication Channel Compatibility

    Sadly, I must report that the RSS feed links for the Forums here on RFO are not compatible with the Communication Center RSS Feeds. Any thoughts on how to fix this? It's be nice to see new topics pop up.
    .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

    Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

    #2
    Seems like the Com Center is looking for a feed in XML format, but for some reason the external.php?type=xml is not working... Good thing is that this does work: http://revitforum.org/external.php?type=rss

    Note: external.php?type=rss2 wont work in Com Center either...
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

    Comment


      #3
      Hnnn... that URL seemed to work, but I haven't been able to get Com Center to recognize the feeds from individual forums sections (as opposed to the entire message board). Any thoughts?
      .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

      Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

      Comment


        #4
        You have to find a RSS reader that is compatable with RSS2 format. Most will only read XLS. Maybe Munk can supply a RSS feed that is in the XLS format for the forum. I am not sure how it works on the domain side.
        -Alex Cunningham

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by revittotd View Post
          Hnnn... that URL seemed to work, but I haven't been able to get Com Center to recognize the feeds from individual forums sections (as opposed to the entire message board). Any thoughts?
          Just suffix the above link with &forumids=X

          X being the Forum ID, e.g. http://revitforum.org/external.php?type=rss&forumids=2 for the "Revit Architecture and General Revit Questions"
          Klaus Munkholm
          "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
            You have to find a RSS reader that is compatable with RSS2 format. Most will only read XLS. Maybe Munk can supply a RSS feed that is in the XLS format for the forum. I am not sure how it works on the domain side.
            Alex, the forum feeds provides us with: js, rss, rss2 and xml formats to choose from, and the rss type worked fine in the Com Center... :beer:

            I believe that XLS is used for spreadsheets BTW
            Klaus Munkholm
            "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

            Comment


              #7
              On the main forum there is a small orange RSS button next to each sub forum. That button will send you to the RSS feed for this specific sub forum.
              -Alex Cunningham

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
                I believe that XLS is used for spreadsheets BTW
                Bah!!! XML is what I ment.
                -Alex Cunningham

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
                  On the main forum there is a small orange RSS button next to each sub forum. That button will send you to the RSS feed for this specific sub forum.
                  Correct, but it links to the RSS2 feeds, so you´ll need to strip the "2" if you want to use it in the Com Center.

                  Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
                  Bah!!! XML is what I ment.
                  :laugh:
                  Klaus Munkholm
                  "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

                  Comment

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X