Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning.... Worksharing is Enabled.... Confused

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Warning.... Worksharing is Enabled.... Confused

    One of my users is getting this warning message only on one project.

    Worksharing is enabled. No additional elements can be make editable. To freely edit this file in Demo/Viewer mode, re-open with Detach from Central option checked.

    He is not in Demo/Viewer mode. It opens the project and the second he tries to make any changes this message pops up and throws him into Demo/Viewer mode. I am having no issues opening the project myself.

    Any ideas what is happening?
    Attached Files
    -Alex Cunningham

    #2
    Worksharing Warning

    Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
    One of my users is getting this warning message only on one project.

    Worksharing is enabled. No additional elements can be make editable. To freely edit this file in Demo/Viewer mode, re-open with Detach from Central option checked.

    He is not in Demo/Viewer mode. It opens the project and the second he tries to make any changes this message pops up and throws him into Demo/Viewer mode. I am having no issues opening the project myself.

    Any ideas what is happening?
    I came across this same error message. It seems to be related to linked files and worksets. However, I still haven't figured out the root cause.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by nicholesap View Post
      I came across this same error message. It seems to be related to linked files and worksets. However, I still haven't figured out the root cause.
      Sounds like he opened the file with the viewer rather than the Revit.exe
      Bettisworth North

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Charles Karl View Post
        Sounds like he opened the file with the viewer rather than the Revit.exe
        That's exactly what happened? It's strange that the viewer would have such issues opening links in a central file.

        Comment


          #5
          Licensing problem, maybe?
          Dave Plumb
          BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

          CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

          Comment


            #6
            I've gotten that message when my borrowed license expired. No chance to save.
            Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

            Comment

            Related Topics

            Collapse

            Working...
            X