Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Element has become corrupt

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Element has become corrupt

    I received an error message after clicking on an outlet that read

    Element Corrupted

    Element 6514558 became corrupt at some time before this session

    To continue with this project, save a recovery file. In the recovery file, Revit will delete this element to fix the problem.


    At first I thought it was just one outlet, but then realized that not only was it multiple outlets, but multiple families (always saying the same ID # has been corrupted). I receive the error message upon clicking on the outlets, attempting to purge or audit the file, or trying to search for the corrupted item by element ID.

    After I close that dialogue box, Revit prompts me to create a recovery file as it shuts down. I have tried to search by element for 6514558 in the recovery file, but as previously warned, the element does not exist. Please note that my outlets still exist in the recovery file, so I am not sure what has been deleted and whether or not it is important to my project.

    I have tried to reproduce the problem by bringing the outlet families into a new project file, but all seems to work fine. I have done a purge and audit of the familiy and then replaced it in my project, but the problem still persists.

    Any help is greatly appreciated as I am trying to avoid having to delete every outlet in the project and replace them (to be honest, I dont think I'd even be able to delete them because clicking them prompts the file to fail); as well as avoiding this happening to any other aspects of the model.

    #2
    Sounds pretty nasty. You could try reloading the family with a new one (I would do this through the right-click context). Other that that I would file a support request with Autodesk.

    Comment


      #3
      You might be dependent upon Autodesk to recover your file. If you can recover the file and get it back into production, go with that. But it is very likely that the rogue family is still in your project. I recommend looking over all the families in your project. Edit the family and look for traces of AutoCAD files being exploded (line types). Also look for a lot of extra lines in the family and check the warnings on the manage tab. This is what happened to one of my projects. I had 6 large medical imaging families that has SKP files that were imported to CAD and exploded in 3D and flattened. (EPIC FAYUL) The family has over 8,000 warnings in it, all of them being the line is in the same place. Turns out there were 4,000 extra lines in the family. I painstakingly purged them and everything corrected itself.
      -Alex Cunningham

      Comment

      Related Topics

      Collapse

      Working...
      X