Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keynote Management Application

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Keynote Management Application

    I would like to share a free application I created for managing the text files Revit uses for keynoting. Several of you I know use Keynote Manager already since it was posted on AUGI (this is a new release). If anyone uses the keynote system they know how much of a pain it can be to edit the text files using notepad or excel; this program was created to fix that problem. To find out more and/or download the program go to http://keynotemanager.revolutiondesign.biz.

    Thanks!
    Steve

    #2
    Wow! That looks amazing - Just installed it, and by a quick look it seems like some pretty sweet improvements.

    Thanks for sharing :beer:
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

    Comment


      #3
      Be carful it will renumber you keynote files. Just word to the wise. We stopped using it. But it has some great ideas just need a little refinement.

      Comment


        #4
        Odd. Hasnt renumbered any of ours, and weve been using it for several versions now. Very happy to see it be an actual installed application, instead of having to tuck it away on the computers and pin it to the taskbar manually, LOL.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

        Comment


          #5
          This is steve faust again, sorry for the double UN, log in has been a little strange for me...

          Anyway, it shouldn't be renumbering your kenotes and if it is and you can reproduce it please let me know so I can find the bug and fix it. I haven't had anyone else report that before...

          it does re-ORDER the notes in the text file, is that what you are talking about? That's actually the intent because the first releases wrote the keynotes to the file in the order you created so the numbers were all out of order if you looked at the actual text file; now it writes them in the order that they are in the interface. Honestly, though, either way is kind of irrelevant if you are using KM to edit because it will display them in order no matter what order they are in the text file, and so will Revit, so you shouldn't really ever need to look at the text file raw...

          Anyway, like I said if you can reproduce that please let me know.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Steve Faust View Post
            This is steve faust again, sorry for the double UN, log in has been a little strange for me...
            Steve, I´ve fixed your account(s), and send some info to your email. Sorry for the inconvenience
            Klaus Munkholm
            "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

            Comment


              #7
              Thanks Steve, the app looks very useful.

              Cheers
              Ian Kidston
              http://allextensions.com.au

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
                Odd. Hasnt renumbered any of ours, and weve been using it for several versions now. Very happy to see it be an actual installed application, instead of having to tuck it away on the computers and pin it to the taskbar manually, LOL.
                I sorry I miss spoke. The keynote were reordered. I guess I was using a old release. We had to stop using it because of two reasons Frist is that the Re ordering thing but you guys fixed that. And we had a glich were it changes the " sign to little square boxes has that been fixed to. We currently have version 7.2

                If it has we will start using it again.

                Thanks so much for the update and great job on the program! I sill liked the design. have you thought about making this a API Add on?

                Thanks again Wade

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
                  Steve, I´ve fixed your account(s), and send some info to your email. Sorry for the inconvenience
                  Not a problem, thanks for fixing!

                  Originally posted by Wadeshuey View Post
                  I sorry I miss spoke. The keynote were reordered. I guess I was using a old release. We had to stop using it because of two reasons Frist is that the Re ordering thing but you guys fixed that. And we had a glich were it changes the " sign to little square boxes has that been fixed to. We currently have version 7.2

                  If it has we will start using it again.

                  Thanks so much for the update and great job on the program! I sill liked the design. have you thought about making this a API Add on?

                  Thanks again Wade
                  To clarify, it DOES order the notes in the order it is in the interface, so if you have them in a specific order in the text file it will not respect that - it will put them in numerical/alphabetical order, which is what was requested by several people. Again, if you are solely using KM for editing, it doesn't matter what order they are in the text file as they will still stack properly on the interface.

                  I'm not sure about the boxes. A few releases ago I added the ability to change the font on the interface; the main reason was so that you could match fonts with the Revit interface & the special characters would be the same. I would suggest giving 10.0 a test drive and trying a sample copy of a file and see if it works how you want. If it doesn't please let me know so I can look into getting it fixed...

                  Also as far as making it an API add on I have but until Adsk allows reloading of the keynote file via API it's hard to integrate it in a way that makes much sense. In its current form you would basically be starting it from Revit and it would lose all connection at that point...
                  Last edited by Steve Faust; April 7, 2011, 02:36 PM.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I wouldnt bother. The whole BEAUTY of it right now, is the people that want control of the specifications and the notations dont have to learn what things like "Local File, Synchronize with Central, and Very Expensive Computer" mean. They have a lightweight way to interact with the project team in a real way, and its fantastic. In fact, ive spent two entire nights and one full day revamping our notes and Materials.
                    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X