Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By snowyweston
  • 1 Post By Twiceroadsfool

Thread: NAVISWORKS Properties

  1. #1
    Junior Member mpwolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23, 2016
    Posts
    18
    Current Local Time
    05:28 PM

    Angry NAVISWORKS Properties

    Is there any way to specify what properties Navisworks Reads from revit when exproting to NWC files. Any information I can get would be greatly appreciated. There is way too much information given in the properties on Navisworks, making it harder to find any information we need.

    Thank You

    Mel P. Wolfe

  2. #2
    Forum Addict tzframpton's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17, 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,824
    Current Local Time
    05:28 PM
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you want more of a condensed output of values when you select an object in Navisworks? To me, all the information doesn't bother me any since I can always find the info I need. Mostly, for Search Sets. Once you become acquainted with the Properties palette in Navisworks you can always get to the info you need pretty quickly.

    -TZ

  3. #3
    Junior Member mpwolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23, 2016
    Posts
    18
    Current Local Time
    05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tzframpton View Post
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you want more of a condensed output of values when you select an object in Navisworks? To me, all the information doesn't bother me any since I can always find the info I need. Mostly, for Search Sets. Once you become acquainted with the Properties palette in Navisworks you can always get to the info you need pretty quickly.

    -TZ
    We are trying to make it so that people who are fabricating the product in the field can find the information very easily.

    thanks,

    Mel P. Wolfe

  4. #4
    Moderator snowyweston's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21, 2010
    Location
    C.LONDON
    Posts
    3,647
    Current Local Time
    11:28 PM
    Look for the addin. Properties+ - it's a flyout tab that works just like the standard one, but you can tailor it to only show the parameters you always work with = v.v.handy.

    EDIT
    You can also tailor which parameters show in the Quick Properties "hover" function = again, very handy, if not the greatest menu UI to work (them up) with.
    Last edited by snowyweston; January 11th, 2017 at 07:06 PM.
    tzframpton likes this.

  5. #5
    Forum Addict tzframpton's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17, 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,824
    Current Local Time
    05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snowyweston View Post
    Look for the addin. Properties+ - it's a flyout tab that works just like the standard one, but you can tailor it to only show the parameters you always work with = v.v.handy.

    EDIT
    You can also tailor which parameters show in the Quick Properties "hover" function = again, very handy, if not the greatest menu UI to work (them up) with.
    VERY nice, thanks for this!

    -TZ

  6. #6
    Forum Co-Founder Twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,918
    Current Local Time
    05:28 PM
    Damn Tannar, i thought you had it a while ago, or id have sent it to you. You can also save your settings (they are in My Documents) and copy them to other users machines, so everyone doesnt have to set up their P+ panel manually.
    tzframpton likes this.

  7. #7
    Forum Addict tzframpton's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17, 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,824
    Current Local Time
    05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
    Damn Tannar, i thought you had it a while ago, or id have sent it to you. You can also save your settings (they are in My Documents) and copy them to other users machines, so everyone doesnt have to set up their P+ panel manually.
    Hey, better late than never. Good info on the settings, thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 11th, 2014, 11:45 PM
  2. Sun Path Properties
    By mihan in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 28th, 2014, 06:05 PM
  3. Properties Bar
    By undrake in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 13th, 2013, 03:32 PM
  4. PLEASE HELP ! Can't see my appearance properties
    By aaronlo11 in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: September 1st, 2011, 03:53 AM
  5. Old School Properties Box
    By gdoherty0102 in forum Tutorials, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 12th, 2011, 01:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •