Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2d annotation for valves not hiding pipes beneath

  1. #1
    Junior Member ChrisNisbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16, 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    31
    Current Local Time
    12:08 PM

    2d annotation for valves not hiding pipes beneath

    I know this issue may have been around for a while but I can't find any solutions on how best to fix this issue.

    I would like to present my domestic water services layouts in single line with my companies standard 2d annotation for the valves. I'm having issues with the valves as I can't get the pipes to hide properly under my annotation symbol. I've tried masking and filled regions to no avail.

    Thanks in advance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Forum Addict tzframpton's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17, 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,859
    Current Local Time
    06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNisbet View Post
    I know this issue may have been around for a while but I can't find any solutions on how best to fix this issue.

    I would like to present my domestic water services layouts in single line with my companies standard 2d annotation for the valves. I'm having issues with the valves as I can't get the pipes to hide properly under my annotation symbol. I've tried masking and filled regions to no avail.

    Thanks in advance.
    If I am understanding you correctly, all you would need to do is edit the Label text to be opaque and not transparent. View the screenshot attached, is this what you're after?

    Hope this helps. -Tannar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2d annotation for valves not hiding pipes beneath-pipe_tag.png  

  3. #3
    Junior Member ChrisNisbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16, 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    31
    Current Local Time
    12:08 PM
    Thanks for your reply but my problem is with valves. When my pipework view is set to show single line the pipes don't break properly underneath my 2d valve annotation symbol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Forum Addict tzframpton's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17, 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,859
    Current Local Time
    06:08 AM
    Can you post an example screenshot? I'm still having difficulty in illustrating your description in my mind.

  5. #5
    Junior Member ChrisNisbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16, 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    31
    Current Local Time
    12:08 PM
    I've attached a image of the valves in question.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Junior Member ChrisNisbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16, 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    31
    Current Local Time
    12:08 PM
    I've attached a image of the valves in question.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Junior Member ChrisNisbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16, 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    31
    Current Local Time
    12:08 PM
    If I print using the raster setting I can get the pipes to hide behind the valves, but the downside is that the PDF file sizes are larger than with the normal vector setting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Junior Member ChrisNisbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16, 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    31
    Current Local Time
    12:08 PM
    Take it from the lack of response nobody knows a fix?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Forum Addict tzframpton's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17, 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,859
    Current Local Time
    06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNisbet View Post
    Take it from the lack of response nobody knows a fix?
    Any chance you can upload the Pipe Accessory Family for me to take a look at? I have added schematic linework and even masked regions to Valves before and it works fine. It just depends on how you set up the visibility of the valve itself. Some things work, and some things don't, but I'm positive we can find a fix where you can still plot vector-based PDFs.

  10. #10
    Junior Member Matt_Short's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4, 2014
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    33
    Current Local Time
    05:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tzframpton View Post
    Any chance you can upload the Pipe Accessory Family for me to take a look at? I have added schematic linework and even masked regions to Valves before and it works fine. It just depends on how you set up the visibility of the valve itself. Some things work, and some things don't, but I'm positive we can find a fix where you can still plot vector-based PDFs.
    I believe that it has to do with where the 2D lines housed in the family are laid out, meaning that the pipe connectors for that valve are within the limits of the 2D valve symbol. I think that is why you are seeing piping being drawn "under" the valve symbol.

    Open your family and check where the pipe connectors are in relation to the end line of your gate valve.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: November 8th, 2013, 09:07 PM
  2. Isolating Valves
    By domsib in forum MEP - Family Creation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 11th, 2013, 03:10 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 28th, 2012, 12:49 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 27th, 2012, 02:15 PM
  5. Hiding objects in links
    By RsqPrincess in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •