Columns & Reference Planes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Columns & Reference Planes

I am trying to create a family which we use over and over on a project and have fun into some problems. (See attached image) I am trying to align and lock the top & bottoms of the columns in the family to an associated reference plane. However, nothing happens when I try to align the top of the column to the reference plane nothing happens. I can align and lock the column to the vertical reference plane no problem. Can you not align and lock the top & bottom of columns to reference planes? Has anyone run into this, or figured out a workaround? Or am I just missing something here?

Thanks for your input!
    Attached Files

If they your columns are nested, I think the way to control their height is by their instance parameter : Top Offset.
    Click on that little button on the right and you'll be able to link it to your H1, H2 and H3.

HTH
    Alexandre Cantin
    "BIM is happening now! Be part of it."

Comment

Originally posted by alexo4141 View Post
      If they your columns are nested, I think the way to control their height is by their instance parameter : Top Offset.
      Click on that little button on the right and you'll be able to link it to your H1, H2 and H3.

HTH
      Thank you alexo, that's exactly what I needed. I knew I had to be missing something simple. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Your framing member can also be controlled by the parameters "Start/End Level Offset"
        Alexandre Cantin
        "BIM is happening now! Be part of it."

Comment