Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit in 3D

Guys,

I'm not sure if I am missing something or if my expectations are too high, but I can't seem to edit (anything) in a 3D view. The 3D views seem to only be for 'viewing' the model not actually creating or modifiying.

As an example I have a wall and slab connecting to it, I'm wanting to place a reveal at the slab level to indicate a connection rebate. Currently I have to change to an elevation view (or sometimes a section view if the wall is deep in my model) and add the reveal there.

Is there any way of doing this in a 3D view or will I always have to use this style of workfow?

Thanks heaps.

Is your 3d view a standard 3d view or a camera (with perspective) 3d view. Camera (with perspective) 3d views will not let you work or edit in them, you can change properties values but thats about all.
    You should be able to do anything you like in a "default 3d View"
    Try creating a new "default 3D" view and see if that works for you. If not can you upload project so we can try to help ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mark b; December 12, 2011, 04:01 AM.
    Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Mark, that is sensational thanks mate.

Just as you said I created a perspective view of my own and the editing wouldn't work. Now I am using the default 3D view it seems a whole new world has been discovered.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonWallis View Post
        Mark, that is sensational thanks mate.

Just as you said I created a perspective view of my own and the editing wouldn't work. Now I am using the default 3D view it seems a whole new world has been discovered.
        No worries mate. Must have been frustrating the hell out of you trying to work like that.
        Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment