Brace Line Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brace Line Issue

We have a building that needs the crop rotated to fit onto sheets. However I feel that there is a glitch with how revit deals with the brace symbol. The symbol adjust up and down on the screen independently of how the view is rotated. So as you can see from the image which shows the same plane, one of which has the crop rotated the brace symbol shifts.

Does anyone know a fix for this? Do I need to send this to autodesk? This is a pretty big issue for us.
    Attached Files

Ive seen this happen as well. No idea why though.
    -Alex Cunningham

Comment

We noticed it happening also, but Revit didn't have the same symbol as we wanted so we created one that works. It would make sense if both Horizontal and Vertical were offset a little for Graphical reasons. But to have one inline and the other offset, that doesn't make sense.
      Adam Hutchinson
      Engineer in Training
      Integrus Architecture, P.S.

Comment

To be honest, I don't use the "rotate crop" anymore due to these kind of issues. I've run into them with tags and other symbols as well. I believe it has something to do with the origin of the family but I'm not sure. Haven't been able to find a rule of thumb so I just created different Titleblocks for when I need the view to be rotated...
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

What other elements have you seen with this issue? I suppose this would work, but I am a sheet worker not a view worker, so this would probably drive me nuts, but this would fix the issue.

Comment

GOD i cant for the life of me remember what other element does this.... it wasnt cuz of the rotation though. It would act different depending on vert or horiz placement.... MAN this is going to drive me nuts.
            -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Tags (horizontal vs vertical cause you need to manually rotate them), Symbols which are not perfectly aligned to the base point.
              Martijn de Riet
              Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
              MdR Advies
              Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment