Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to move Dwgs from one sheet to another ...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to move Dwgs from one sheet to another ...?

Hi,
    I have set a few dwgs in a sheet (eg. sheet no. 01).
    I found that I should put one of the dwgs (eg. Section 2-2) in another sheet (e.g sheet no. 02).
    So far, I just delete it from sheet 01 then re-insert to sheet 02.
    Is there any other method that I can easily move those dwgs from one sheet to another.
    Thanks.

Regards,
    YNB

The method you are using (delete from sheet A, re-place on sheet B) is the correct method. (I just had to do this for 4 details, all lined up so that the levels were equal and I wish for a "cut-and-paste to same place" tool... maybe a future release???)

Unless you had an entire sheet you needed to move, and then you could just rename the sheet.
    Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
    AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional / Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional / Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional
    ACAD2021, RST2014-2021 / Windows 10, 64-bit

Comment

The way I typically do it is to expand the tree of Sheet 01 in the project browser and have Sheet 02 open on my screen. Then drag and drop from the tree of Sheet 01 onto Sheet 02.
      gdoherty0102
      Forum Addict
      Last edited by gdoherty0102; October 24, 2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

You can also drag from the project browser, but drop it in the project browser as well. It will open the sheet for you and then you can place it. No need to have the new sheet already opened.
        Dan

Comment

Brilliant !

Thanks

Comment

Auto Resize crop region

Originally posted by gdoherty0102 View Post
            The way I typically do it is to expand the tree of Sheet 01 in the project browser and have Sheet 02 open on my screen. Then drag and drop from the tree of Sheet 01 onto Sheet 02.
            This can be great if you have rescaled a view, or changed the crop region and want to reset the location & size of the view tag. You can drag a view from the Tree of the Sheet back into itself.
            I used to be high on life, until I realised it was cut with Morons.
            Combating ignorance daily through learning.

Comment