Concrete Cover Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concrete Cover Schedule

I was wondering if there was a way to schedule the "Rebar Cover Settings" so that it can be placed on a sheet and be live??? Can post pic of dialog if anyone needs.

I would like it too, but unfortunately I don't think it is possible to make it live. Why don't you just draw it as a legend? You could put it on several sheets.
    Alexandre Cantin
    "BIM is happening now! Be part of it."

Comment

Nope, not possible. One of the upsides of using custom families for rebar... downside being that you can't use them for analysis which probably renders them useless for you, lol...
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by alexo4141 View Post
        I would like it too, but unfortunately I don't think it is possible to make it live. Why don't you just draw it as a legend? You could put it on several sheets.
        We have it as a Key Schedule using slab edges. I am not sure why we picked slab edges, but it works I suppose. My firm does not use any legends at all, either a schedule or detail group.

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
          Nope, not possible. One of the upsides of using custom families for rebar... downside being that you can't use them for analysis which probably renders them useless for you, lol...
          Using custom families? How do you go about this? Is there a way to do a intelligent parameter that the bars will read from as the cover of an element?

Comment

Originally posted by gdoherty0102 View Post
            Using custom families? How do you go about this? Is there a way to do a intelligent parameter that the bars will read from as the cover of an element?
            Well, I don't know about your countries requirements but here's the deal with us:

Concrete covers are based on the type of beam, method of production and surrounding environment. For instance:

Foundation beam, poored on site:
            - Top and sides 25mm (sometimes wet, sometimes dry, surface can be checked after concrete is poored)
            - Bottom 35mm (sometimes wet, sometimes dry, surface cannot be checked after concrete is poored)

Basement floor:
            Top 20mm (dry, surface can be checked)
            Bottom 25mm (dry/wet, cannot be checked)

And so on...

The actual placement of the rebar for a beam is defined by this formula:

Width of beam - concrete cover

So:
            Make the concrete cover a shared parameter.
            Define the dimensions of the beam using refplanes (doesn't matter if it's a 3D rebar or 2D like mine)
            Define the outer limits of the rebar using refplanes based on the cc-parameter.
            Constrain the rebar to the outer limits and it automatically adapts.

I added some functionality based on the dutch detailing rules (crossing max and min heart-to-heart distances of rebar gives an error message in section, that kind of fancy stuff)

This has 2 major advantages:
            1. The cc-parameter is shared and thus taggable and scheduable
            2. The rebar family can be nested in your beam family and will automatically follow any changes in size. (never got around to doing this though but it's theoretically possible)

I'll see if I have some time to post some pics as an example.
            Last edited by mdradvies; October 24, 2011, 05:51 PM.
            Martijn de Riet
            Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
            MdR Advies
            Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
              I'll see if I have some time to post some pics as an example.
              Would be really great!
              Alexandre Cantin
              "BIM is happening now! Be part of it."

Comment