Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splitting tool

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a hole for a door in a structure. For the wall, I used Architect & site->Door, then the insulation panel and cut it.
    Now I have to cut the U channels. I'm trying to use the split tool, but it doesn't work as it should. Can you please have a look on the project and tell me what the hell is wrong with my U beams? Even when I try to allign with the face of the column, I get an error (unjoin elements).

Regards,
    Lucian.
    Attached Files
    Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

The problem lies in the 45deg refplanes you used to cut the U-beams. I'm afraid you'll need to delete those before doing this...
    btw: When you get an error like this, don't just Cancel. Push "Expand" instead and unfold all lines. Now you can get a better idea of which elements are causing the problem. A lot of times this can help (not always though) you find the solution.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Hi Lucian, no Revit for Iphone, I will look later, but you should try cutting your beam with a reference plane, that's the way I cut beams. Works fine even the plane moves.
      jbenoit44
      French Moderator
      Last edited by jbenoit44; October 17, 2011, 09:55 PM.
      Julien
      "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
      P. DAC
      Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

So, a quick look to say Matijn is right about the 45° ref plane (change the type of the beam, you will see the result in Expand).

I used the split tool, and as a result, the 2 pieces overlapped; but aligning to the column worked after "unjoin element" twice.

the logic remains hidden... it should have worked I guess.
        Julien
        "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
        P. DAC
        Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
          The problem lies in the 45deg refplanes you used to cut the U-beams. I'm afraid you'll need to delete those before doing this...
          If I delete the 45deg reference planes, my U-beams go crazy (they expand). This means that the cut is locked to the plane. No plane, no cut.

Originally posted by jbenoit44 View Post
          So, a quick look to say Matijn is right about the 45° ref plane (change the type of the beam, you will see the result in Expand).

I used the split tool, and as a result, the 2 pieces overlapped; but aligning to the column worked after "unjoin element" twice.

the logic remains hidden... it should have worked I guess.
          I don't understand why they joined the columns in the first place.
          Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

Comment