Truss Span

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truss Span

Is it possible to schedule the truss length of a structural truss family?
    While editing the family, I can't add a shared parameter.
    I already tried to report a family parameter but it doesn't work.

Really don't know what to do
    Alexandre Cantin
    "BIM is happening now! Be part of it."

The Truss family is really only a template for the framing family to follow. I think you would need to use the reporting parameter in the framing family.

For more control over the truss family, I would look to using a Structural Framing template family, or better yet in 2012 and adaptive component family. This will give you much more flexibility over scheduling the truss elements
    Revit BLOGGAGE

http://www.revic.org.au

Comment

Thank You Ben, I'll search to find more informations about those Adaptive component.
      I'll post my family once done if you're interested... but I still hesitate between a framing family and AC.

Cya
      Alexandre Cantin

Comment

Hi guys,
        seems some people looking the same way at the same time....
        @Ben: I'm just starting playing with Adaptive Component, they are very promising. but about scheduling, do you have in mind nested families, or shared parameters?
        @Alex: have a look here http://www.revitforum.org/forum-fran...E0-suivre.html , it may help...
        Julien
        "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
        P. DAC
        Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jbenoit44 View Post
          @Alex: have a look here Composants adaptatifs: à suivre..... , it may help...
          Merci Julien,

I also recommanded your post in this one after I read yours.

I still asking myself if I will be able to add some structural framing to AC. At least, to snap them to those Adaptive placement point.
          FYI I'm actually trying to schedule the length of a M_Pratt Truss Flat.

I'll see that this week
          Cya
          Alexandre Cantin

Comment

I am curious to know how feasible you see this solution: in most trusses, with the exception of the scissors truss, the length of the bottom or top chord is the same length of the truss. Therefore, what if you include a special entry in the "Comments" instance parameter of the chord element that determines the length of the truss, such as "truss_Pratt_1" or "truss_Howe_2", and make a schedule of structural framing elements instead, entitled as "Length of Trusses", and filtered to include only those elements where "Comments" "begins with" "truss", including the Length parameter of the structural element in the schedule. The result will be a simple list such as "truss_Pratt_1" " 40' ", "truss_Howe_2" " 45' ", etc. If the trusses change their length, this schedule will update accordingly.
            Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment