Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing Hidden Lines at Object Joins

Hi All,

Is it possible to show the join between two object as a hidden line?

With the objects not joined the line is solid, when they are joined the line disappears, I cannot use linework as it changes the whole length of line instead of just the joined portion.

I could draw in detail lines but I would like to avoid having to do this in every section I draw and was wondering if there was a setting I am missing.

(see attached images for reference).

Thank you!

David
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

You can override lines with Linework tool (from the Modify tab)
    Greg McDowell Jr
    about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

Originally posted by GMcDowellJr View Post
      You can override lines with Linework tool (from the Modify tab)
      Thanks for your response Greg. The issue I am having with the linework tool is that I can't isolate the desired lines. It changes the whole length of line.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Depending on how it's built you can tab-select to get to the smaller line. If it's not built to allow that then you can grab the blue dot that should appear on the ends of the line after using the Linework tool and drag it back to where ever you like -- you can not, however, make the line longer.
        Greg McDowell Jr
        about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

Originally posted by GMcDowellJr View Post
          Depending on how it's built you can tab-select to get to the smaller line. If it's not built to allow that then you can grab the blue dot that should appear on the ends of the line after using the Linework tool and drag it back to where ever you like -- you can not, however, make the line longer.
          Unfortunately, the blue dot part of the Linework Tool is not available for elements that are cut in the view. Which is too bad because I would use it.
          CADiva
          Last edited by CADiva; January 14, 2022, 08:21 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 211 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X