Annotations in revit and dimensioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annotations in revit and dimensioning

Hi there, I needed some help with "Annotations in Revit". I have recently started working on Revit and working on a small project to get myself started. Currently, I am having the following issues:
    1. In Revit, I have modeled stairs, but the client wants me to show the opening on the plan as shown in the attached figure. (Annotations Instructions)
    2. I want my dimension's third decimal place to be in superscript as shown in the attached figure.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

1. As was explained in the Reddit post, you simply do that with a Filled Region (not automatically) if your countries standard is to have that "hatch" show where the slab opening is. Shaft openings can have symbolic lines in them, but not filled regions.

2. You cant.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Twiceroadsfool Thanks for the input. I resolved the first issue using a filled region.
      The second issue was resolved by changing the units of dimensions from meters to "meters and centimeters". Moreover, by rounding decimal to 5, I got the pattern I was exactly looking for.
      I wanted to ask you a few questions I am currently having issues with. The first one is that I want my dimension lines extent to be dotted as shown in the image. And is it possible to change my text to german language while working in English format in Revit? Since my client is German-based and although I have translated most of the text to the german language, I am having an issue with using german umlauts such as "ä" in text. If there's any way to account for this, kindly let me know. Thanks.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Howard3301; November 22, 2021, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Wait, changing the units made them go to superscript? Thats interesting, ive never seen that!
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Twiceroadsfool
          Yes, exactly. I've attached an image for your reference.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Twiceroadsfool
            Twiceroadsfool commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, thanks for the heads up. Had no idea it would do that. Interesting!

To answer point 1.
          I have a detail item that I can place in here. Its a simple item that can stretch in either direction.
          I have a simple shaded (hatch) region that adapts with the change in size of the outer limits of the opening.
          As its not a particularly complicated object I am happy to share it with you here.

As to point 2. you seem to already have found the response you needed but yes its possible (as you see) and we already use this on certain dimensions also.

Attached Files

Comment

Karalon10 Thanks a lot for sharing detail item.
            It would be great if you can help me out with problems I am currently having. Thing is that I am quite new to Revit and finding it hard to adopt to this software.
            First one is that of showing witness lines extent as dotted lines (As shown in image attached.)
            Second one is related to German language. Is there any way to account for German umlauts such as "ä" in German text. I have marked both these in image.
            I have been stuck on this for whole day and can't find any reasonable solution. Kindly help me out in this. Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

Howard3301 For the umlauts, I think you need to go and check the symbols for your font. Using Arial, the u umlaut would be Alt+0252, the o umlaut would be Alt+0246.

Comment

Originally posted by UKN View Post
                Howard3301 For the umlauts, I think you need to go and check the symbols for your font. Using Arial, the u umlaut would be Alt+0252, the o umlaut would be Alt+0246.
                Yeah you can easily find them in the Character Map:
                char map.png

Another alternative which might suit you, I'm a big fan of AutoHotKey and its quite straight forward to write a script using a 2-key combination for umlauted characters.
                Read this and see if it might work for you.
                https://www.autohotkey.com/board/top...nience-script/

Comment

yes the CharMap is where you probably need to get to your special characters for text, as for the mixed dashed line and leader as you have shown in your image there, its absolutely not possible to mix these 2 like you have. You will have to inform your boss that Revit is not Autocad and there will have to be some concessions as to how things can be shown effectively on plan views. The only way you could achieve this is to draw dashed lines from each wall face, which would give the same result but I don't see the point of it (even in autocad)...

Comment