Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steel beam dissaperaing after section flip

So i have a funny situation.

Plan view, steel beams are there (linked file for steel structure). Then i create a section and if the section is facing East, the steel support is shown, but if i FLIP it to the West, it's gone.
    Same VG settings, i didn't hide the beam in any way.

Anyone encountered such issue?!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Change the View Depth of the section to be significantly longer. Does the beam show up then?
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

No. I made it like 50 meters. No avail.
      I tried it on the same beam. Move section to the left of it, section to the East, works.
      Now move the same section to the right of it, flip section to the west, it's gone.. No setting change. I also extended it to like 50 meters, like i said, nothing.

I hid all other elements (all other worksets, architectural, mechanical, everything) and isolated only structural workset with this file on it. Same behavior. I'm flabbergasted.
      This must be a bug. I don't know what else to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
        Change the View Depth of the section to be significantly longer. Does the beam show up then?
        Jesus.... I went and checked my depth. it was 30 something meters. i actually entered 50 and they showed up!

What i ended up discovering is, that if i extended the section depth beyond the last beam (beyond file border, if we put it in a weird way), it showed up. As soon as i made depth shorter, so that a piece of support structure was within the extends, it went away.

Funny thing is, to the east it works as intended. My section can be 1 meter deep, as long as beam is within it, i can see it.

Very strange, very grateful for the solution!

Not the first time too
        Cheers bud!

Comment

Yeah. Linked files and Structure do wonky stuff like this, unfortunately. Glad that helped!
          Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
          @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

I have actually never seen that behavior, but its good to know thats an issue to watch out for. Very helpful

Comment