Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create sloped walls

Hi everyone,

I need to create an underground deposit that looks like a funnel. I've created the 4 walls and the floor, but I don't know how to create the inclined walls on the edge. I work with Revit Structure 2012.
    Here is what I need:
    Attached Files
    Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

Not sure if this applies to RST too, but in RAC you'd have to create a mass first, and then apply the sloped walls to the mass.

But... Are the sloped parts really walls, or could it be part of the floor? It´s pretty easy and fast to add split lines to a floor, and get the shape you want...
    Attached Files
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

It would be nice not too see the connection between walls and the floor.
      I don't know how to work with Masses.

Comment

You can achieve that by:
        1. Making sure that the wall and floor structure is made of the same material and have the same function (type settings)
        2. Join the base of the walls to the floor below.
        Attached Files
        Klaus Munkholm

Comment

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
          Not sure if this applies to RST too, but in RAC you'd have to create a mass first, and then apply the sloped walls to the mass.

But... Are the sloped parts really walls, or could it be part of the floor? It´s pretty easy and fast to add split lines to a floor, and get the shape you want...
          Is there somewhere I can see (read) how to split the floor?

Comment

Was gonna point you to the Autodesk Wiki for that info... But didn't find any topics on the subject... But maybe the attached will explain at least the basics?

:beer:

Edit: Forgot the attachment, but see that Martijn already covered the same things
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Munkholm; September 30, 2011, 01:03 PM. Reason: Edit:
            Klaus Munkholm

Comment

Select the floor, in the Modify | Floor-tab a few options are available. Amongst them "Add Split Line" (image 1)
              After selecting that option, draw the Split Lines as needed. I drew a rectangle inside the floor field
              To finish drawing, hit Esc once (!) Now you have an image as shown in image 2. The little squares can be used to change the form (image 3). Select them and give them a numerical height offset. In 3D / Elevation views you can also select them and then use the blue triangles to stretch them up and down. You can also move around the entire blue lines in the same manner. Select them and fill in a height offset.
              Attached Files
              Martijn de Riet
              Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
              MdR Advies
              Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Here is the section of the wiki that talks about shape editing and adding split lines to a floor and/or a roof.

Shape Editing for Floors and Roofs - WikiHelp
                Jeff Hanson
                Sr. Subject Matter Expert
                Autodesk, Revit - User Experience

Comment

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
                  Was gonna point you to the Autodesk Wiki for that info... But didn't find any topics on the subject... But maybe the attached will explain at least the basics?

:beer:
                  You're missing "the attached" but I fixed that for ya... :thumbsup:
                  Martijn de Riet
                  Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                  MdR Advies
                  Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

If you need to schedule this slope shape as wall, do an in-place component with standard forms, and set the category to wall.

otherwise, answers above will apply.

If you need to use it again, with parameters, think family.....my 2 cts

best of all, do it in-place, in edit mode, make a group, select the group, save group as a family. it will get the wall category in your projects (I have to check, but I did that long time ago).
                    Julien
                    "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
                    P. DAC
                    Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment