Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grid Line Text Issue

As in attached,
    if the grid lines are not straight, how can we make the Grid Mark Text allign to the Grid.

Any solution.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Yan Naing Bo View Post
    As in attached,
    if the grid lines are not straight, how can we make the Grid Mark Text allign to the Grid.
    WOW! It really amazes me how some people seem to have nothing better to do... it's a grid line man! A grid line! The grid head number is legible. That's all that's needed. Surely?!? :crazy:

If there were such a way (to make the head/text consciously rotate to a perpindicular alignment of it's respective gridline) surely then we'd all be craning our necks left/right to read the numbers for horizontal grids? We'd also have to start placing grids in a start/finish manner similar to railings otherwise to prevent the text being upside down. :banghead:

It really would be far more productive, and far more interesting, to focus on the content. :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by snowyweston View Post
      WOW! It really amazes me how some people seem to have nothing better to do... it's a grid line man! A grid line! The grid head number is legible. That's all that's needed. Surely?!? :crazy:

If there were such a way (to make the head/text consciously rotate to a perpindicular alignment of it's respective gridline) surely then we'd all be craning our necks left/right to read the numbers for horizontal grids? We'd also have to start placing grids in a start/finish manner similar to railings otherwise to prevent the text being upside down. :banghead:

It really would be far more productive, and far more interesting, to focus on the content. :thumbsup:
      Someone is feeling jaded about graphic standards today.
      Yan Naing Bo,

The grid tool within Revit will not allow you to have the text portion of the grid to rotate how you want.
      -Alex Cunningham

Comment

According to NCS, the text reads exactly the way it should. If you are going for presentation, I would export to an image manipulation tool like photoshop and orient the text how you want it.
        .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
          Someone is feeling jaded about graphic standards today.
          There's nothing "standard" about the request though. It's entirely willful.

I love the power of graphics - but I do not see the correlation between "documentation" (where you'd see a grid line, and would want ALL your text readable) and "presentation".

It's this kind of "wood-for-the-trees" activity that really undermines progress.

I'm suffering it as I type.

Having spent the best part of half a year working up a template to deliver certain document types at the click of the button (using filters, templates and such) so that our team can focus on designing, what have I had to suffer this week? People wanting "pretty" embellishments and "graphics" that they'd never wanted before - never asked for before - and most certainly don't need to get the job done.

My apologies Yan Naing Bo, I didn't mean to make this thread a vehicle for a personal rant, but in my opinion it's worth raising these requests up for discussion from time to time.

To just answer "no, it's not possible" would just leave you (and other non-believers) resenting Revit - but the answer should be a question -
          "Why do you want/need to do this?"

Comment

I love the power of graphics - but I do not see the correlation between "documentation" (where you'd see a grid line, and would want ALL your text readable) and "presentation".

It's this kind of "wood-for-the-trees" activity that really undermines progress.

Having spent the best part of half a year working up a template to deliver certain document types at the click of the button (using filters, templates and such) so that our team can focus on designing, what have I had to suffer this week? People wanting "pretty" embellishments and "graphics" that they'd never wanted before - never asked for before - and most certainly don't need to get the job done.

My apologies Yan Naing Bo, I didn't mean to make this thread a vehicle for a personal rant, but in my opinion it's worth raising these requests up for discussion from time to time.

To just answer "no, it's not possible" would just leave you (and other non-believers) resenting Revit - but the answer should be a question -
            I agree 100%, change for change sake is not a efficient way to move forward. Embrace the "standards" Revit has, and try to work within them as much as you can. This is a hard sell for most. I always use the example of when AutoCAD first hit the market... there was change, I am sure people went "why can't it do this or why can't it do that". However as an industry we accepted it and moved on. This is exactly what is happening with Revit. We need to as an industry embrace the new things and accept that there is a different way of doing things.
            -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Dude, take a tranquillizer / :whiskey: / lots of :beer: and go crazy. Maybe sleep some more...

About the OP: You can't. Not without hacking the system and using a fake gridline, which I wouldn't advice you to do. Comes with the obvious loss of functionality and coordination problems. Besides: I would be loosing it if I had to look at a drawing with a bunch of those grids.
              Martijn de Riet
              Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
              MdR Advies
              Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
                Dude, take a tranquillizer / :whiskey: / lots of :beer: and go crazy. Maybe sleep some more...
                Dude I never stop. Seriously. I'm hardwired to be wired. Your suggested solutions would only exacerbate my conditon believe you me. I'm writing this with one and half bottles of wine in me as it is.
                Last edited by snowyweston; September 14, 2011, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Anyway, thank you all for your veiws.

The question comes out of my mind due to the attached Conditions in the projects.
                  One is done by AutoCad and you will obviously see the Text alligning to the Grid.

I really don't have intention to experss of any of negative impact on Revit. And only wonder a question whether it's possible or not.

Thanks to all , anyway.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Munkholm; September 15, 2011, 11:49 AM. Reason: Fixed inline attachments

Comment