Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan view area not saved

Hi All...My first post on here!

I have a situation where some of my plan views are not saving the cropped area which was visible when I last closed the plan window.
    As a matter of course, before I close a plan, I always set the display to the extents of the crop region so that when I return to the plan, it is displaying the area in which I was last working. However, quite often this display setting is not saved and when I re-open the plan, I have to double click inside of the plan window to get the cropped region back.
    This is common but not predictable, from project to project.
    Is there a setting or something I have not defined in REVIT which is causing this?

Steve

REVIT 17.1
    Windows 10 Home
    Sony Vaio
    i7 Core
    16G RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GT735M

When opening a not-already-opened view of the same type that is currently active (EG plan to plan) Revit will try to match the currently open view extents. If opening a view which has no current same view type active Revit will show the entire view extents.
    ZF will zoom to fit extents of current view. ZA will do the same for all open views.

You joined in August 2016 and this is your first post? Welcome to posting on the forum
    Last edited by elton williams; February 2, 2018, 03:35 PM.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Hi Elton, thanks for your reply.
      I can understand & replicate the behavior you have described in your answer.
      However, from what I am experiencing, it is not typical for ALL of the plans in the project. Some will always open zoomed to the extents of the clipped region regardless of whether they are opened first, last or any point in-between. I guess it's just one of those REVIT things we all come across and work around.

Steve

Comment