Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In revit 2D, Can I draw DONUTS like in Autocad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In revit 2D, Can I draw DONUTS like in Autocad?

I need to produce 2D section in revit project, esp for foundation section.

I want to put Dots ( so called Donut in Acad ).
    Any ribbon i can use?

I assume these "dots" are meant to represent reinforcing? If so, there are rebar section details families for the various sizes of rebar and you also have the option to create 3D reinforcement...if interested.

Comment

How to create 3D reinforcement?

Dear Steve,
      Thank you very much.
      It really does work to put my rebars in section.
      Btw, I have be taught that Autodesk still can't solve the problem for the fact that it happens very slow to the file if we are going to draw the section rebar details in 3D? Is it true?

And how can i create 3D reinforcement using Rebar Section detail families.?
      Thanks

Comment

If you're not wanting to model the reinforcing in 3D, you can use Detail Components for your reinforcing bars in your sections (as Steve said.)
        Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
        AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional / Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional / Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional
        ACAD2021, RST2014-2021 / Windows 10, 64-bit

Comment

3D is separate tools. How much to model and model performance will vary depending on how much you need to model versus, detail with 2D techniques.

Comment

Why would someone model reinforcement in 2D Revit. There is no reinforcement table, no intelligent tags.
            I prefer using ASD as it has some intelligence.

Lucian.
            Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

Comment

Originally posted by lucis29 View Post
              ... There is no reinforcement table, no intelligent tags.
              I disagree with that. I have been using Revit Structure lately, and I find the reinforcement tools very intelligent. It gives you the opportunity to draw the bars in different planes, parallel to the view, perpendicular to the view, etc., and it gives you lots of settings and options for rebar configurations, sizes, and visibility.
              Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Why would someone model reinforcement in 2D Revit.
                One day, the concrete subs had no idea how to form the cage for our concrete foundation for the 180' Spire tower addition on a project. The next day our CA guy pulled up a Revit model with unintelligent, non scheduled rebar cage modeled and the concrete subs said "OOOooooooo" and got it done correctly.
                Tru story.
                .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

Comment

Why would someone model reinforcement in 2D Revit. There is no reinforcement table, no intelligent tags.
                  I prefer using ASD as it has some intelligence.

Lucian.
                  Well, I do. I didn't have structure/ASD until recently so I created some detail components. Nest these into a concrete beam and the lentgh of the beam will be used to calculate the amount of rebar in said beam. And it povides with parametric detailing of beams. Which I need for permit drawings and to communicate with contractors. Also made one for floors but sadly a system family won't let my tie the two together...
                  Martijn de Riet
                  Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                  MdR Advies
                  Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
                    I disagree with that. I have been using Revit Structure lately, and I find the reinforcement tools very intelligent. It gives you the opportunity to draw the bars in different planes, parallel to the view, perpendicular to the view, etc., and it gives you lots of settings and options for rebar configurations, sizes, and visibility.
                    Are you talking about 2D reinforcement or 3D?

Originally posted by revittotd View Post
                    One day, the concrete subs had no idea how to form the cage for our concrete foundation for the 180' Spire tower addition on a project. The next day our CA guy pulled up a Revit model with unintelligent, non scheduled rebar cage modeled and the concrete subs said "OOOooooooo" and got it done correctly.
                    Tru story.
                    That's true, but you cant go on site with a 3D picture and build reinforcement (at least not where I live). Also, I suppose the concrete subs had some plans describing the reinforcement, the quantitties etc. The 3D was just some additional help. Plus, this was a particular situation and cant be applied to an every day situation

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
                    Well, I do. I didn't have structure/ASD until recently so I created some detail components. Nest these into a concrete beam and the lentgh of the beam will be used to calculate the amount of rebar in said beam. And it povides with parametric detailing of beams. Which I need for permit drawings and to communicate with contractors. Also made one for floors but sadly a system family won't let my tie the two together...
                    That's very interesting. It would be nice to see those families (unless they are copyrighted).

What I was trying to say is that Revit can't compete (yet) with other software on reinforcement plans. I believe in his potential, but for me drawing reinforcement in detailing view is like working in plain AutoCad. When introducing ASD in Revit Structure Suite, Autodesk "admits" there are better tools for reinforcement and Steel detailing.
                    I'm aware that for USA and Australia, Revit can be used entirely to model and detail a project, but for Romania (and maybe Europe) Revit has a long way to go.

Lucian.

P.S.: How do you use multiple quotes from different users? I opened 2 windows and copy-pasted.
                    Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

Comment