Wall Joining troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall Joining troubles

Hi yall, new poster and a recent convert of the Revit persuasion..

I am using REVIT ARCH 2012

So i was experimenting with wall creation and exploring different kinds of command.
    I rotated (with copy) a horizontal wall and created another wall at an angle. (see pic)

Now how would i join these two walls so that it would display a clean miter joint ?
    (bonus question: if i do get the miter joint, can i hide/unhide the joint line as shown in pic below)

Thank you for your help!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Munkholm; September 2, 2011, 07:29 AM. Reason: Attached images to forum

It´s supposed to clean up / miter without any hassles. If not, you can use the "Wall Joins" tool (See attached)

Don´t believe that it´s possible to show the "miter" line - It´s not a VG setting and Linework tool don´t work, so all there´s left is to manually draw a line.
    Attached Files
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

I can have the join to stay using the option "don't clean join".
      It stays only in the view, in my view range setting, wall is cut. you can't have this line in 3d or from the level above.
      Attached Files
      Julien
      "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
      P. DAC
      Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

I have observed an anomaly about that in the past and now ai want to ask (RAC2012). The View Instance parameter "Wall Join Display" is accesible only if the view is in Coarse mode. Anyway you go in the Coarse mode and you choose the second option "Clean same type wall joins". Then you go on Fine mode again and your seted obtion is reseted with the first option "Clean all wall joins". Where is the logic here? And why just the coarse mode let you choose? And why there isn`t a option like "Don`t clean all wall joins". I don`t need it but for prefab people maybe it`s good?

Comment