Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum Storeys on Revit

Hi,

I am trying to model 15 storey structures on revit 2017, however the maximum I can get to is 11 storeys.

When I go to a side (East) elevation, I can add as many levels as I want, but I can only see floor plans up to level 11.

Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of storeys you can model? Or do I need to change a setting?

Thanks

Revit has a maximum project RADIUS of 33km. So unless you have about 3million levels, you should be fine.

Thats because you need to create floor plans for each new level you add. Go to the views tab, and create some new floor plans for the new levels.

Comment

Just created 22 more levels and I have 23 floor plans...

Did you by chance uncheck the "Make Plan View" when you added the levels?
      Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by milescs View Post
        Hi,

I am trying to model 15 storey structures on revit 2017, however the maximum I can get to is 11 storeys.

When I go to a side (East) elevation, I can add as many levels as I want, but I can only see floor plans up to level 11.

Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of storeys you can model? Or do I need to change a setting?

Thanks
        It might be just that the crop region of your elevation view is cropping what you can see.
        Have you checked a 3D view?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Karalon10 View Post
          Revit has a maximum project RADIUS of 33km. So unless you have about 3million levels, you should be fine.

Thats because you need to create floor plans for each new level you add. Go to the views tab, and create some new floor plans for the new levels.
          Funny, I never thought about it VERTICALLY. HA! 20 miles in ANY direction (Imperial).

Comment

Well to be fair I've never tested it out either - but it does say "33km radius" but I have never had to vertically displace Something that much.

Comment

Considering the tallest tower hasn't reached 1km, I think we're good on the radius rule going vertically
              Chris Heinaranta | Architectural Technologist

Comment