RST2012 very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RST2012 very slow

I just began using RST2012 after working with RST2011 for a while. the newer version is very choppy and slow to react to actions and regens. Has anybody else experienced this and have you found something to resolve it?

Just the opposite for me....definitely "feels"like it loads faster, Seems more stable, and has yet to crash.
    What kind of hardware are you running?
    "Two possibilities exist. Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not.
    Both are equally terrifying."
    - Arthur C Clarke

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant1 View Post
      Just the opposite for me....definitely "feels"like it loads faster, Seems more stable, and has yet to crash.
      What kind of hardware are you running?
      +1. 2012 burns the road. You should have something wrong in install or drivers maybe.
      Julien
      "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
      P. DAC
      Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

I seem to recall reading somewhere that 2012 puts a little more work on the GPU....so if the video card is a weakling.....
        "Two possibilities exist. Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not.
        Both are equally terrifying."
        - Arthur C Clarke

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Webb View Post
          I just began using RST2012 after working with RST2011 for a while. the newer version is very choppy and slow to react to actions and regens. Has anybody else experienced this and have you found something to resolve it?
          Just to make sure... Hardware Acceleration is ON, right?
          Klaus Munkholm
          "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
            Just to make sure... Hardware Acceleration is ON, right?
            This is a good one to look out for. 2012 turns it off by default if your graphics card is not an officially supported one. Revit feels like a 3 legged mule in a kicking contest at that point. Another one to watch out for if it is on and still behaving erratically is the drivers for your video card itself. I had some pretty horrendous problems after first installing 2012 Revits on my laptop with a driver at the time that was only 6 months old. Updating to the latest driver resolved all of the issues I was facing. Barring that, a dxdiag or sysinfo32 from your computer would also help in seeing the specs. The sysinfo32 would also point out any glaring hardware/software conflicts in the system that might be causing issues.

Hilariously enough, I've actually resolved some Revit slowness issues by updating the audio drivers on a machine. Maybe Revit wanted to send out crisper warning dings?
            Last edited by hypnox1; September 6, 2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hypnox1 View Post
              Maybe Revit wanted to send out crisper warning dings?
              Revit has warning dings?
              Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
                Revit has warning dings?
                Weird, right? It's actually a windows sound that you can change in your windows sounds settings. We changed a co-workers' to a person farting. He still hasn't figured out how to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
                  Revit has warning dings?
                  Yup, it dinged my senseless until I shut it down a long time ago... But you'll probably have windows set to silent so it doesn't ding anymore.

I once did a training with a firm where they sampled "Me so horny" from 2 Live Crew as an error message. Drove the guy nuts.
                  Martijn de Riet
                  Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                  MdR Advies
                  Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

I used to have the "Stop right there!" clip from Meat Loaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" as my error sound.
                    It was pretty entertaining, but then I couldn't get that d**n song out of my head. Shut it off after two days.
                    Dave Plumb
                    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment