Importing Survey Points into Revit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Survey Points into Revit

I've been charged with the task of incorporating the as-built points that our surveyor recorded in the field into our building model. He basically recorded the points into his survey equipment and exported a .txt file, a .csv file, and a .dxf file of the points.
    I have added the Autodesk point layout plug-in. Basically what i'm wanting to do is import the "as built" field survey points into my model to check the difference in plan to as built dimensions on columns and so on. i have inserted my survey points but having to manually move them in place. is there an easier way to add points in place? a step by step process in properly importing survey data using the point layout plugin would be helpful to get the ball rolling.

Thank you,

Originally posted by Chad00 View Post
    I've been charged with the task of incorporating the as-built points that our surveyor recorded in the field into our building model. He basically recorded the points into his survey equipment and exported a .txt file, a .csv file, and a .dxf file of the points.
    I have added the Autodesk point layout plug-in. Basically what i'm wanting to do is import the "as built" field survey points into my model to check the difference in plan to as built dimensions on columns and so on. i have inserted my survey points but having to manually move them in place. is there an easier way to add points in place? a step by step process in properly importing survey data using the point layout plugin would be helpful to get the ball rolling.

Thank you,
    I'm curious about how you have installed Autodesk Point Layout? It is a subscription based product so you would have had to have paid for it. If not I don't think that what you have is what you are looking for. I don't use APL but use Trimble Field Points and it has the ability to import points in .mep, .tfl, .cnx, or .csv files so I'm sure that APL can do the same thing. In TFP it's a simple process to import points. I export to .cnx for the field's use with an LM80 laser machine. If they have changes based on project conditions they send me back a revised .cnx file and I import the resultant points into my model.
    Last edited by Dave Jones; May 1, 2017, 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Dave, I have a company based Subscription with Autodesk, so it was a simple download with my IT department to add the plugin. We do majority of our modeling in Revit so using the plugin APL is a must. Thank you for the reply. I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad00 View Post
        Dave, I have a company based Subscription with Autodesk, so it was a simple download with my IT department to add the plugin. We do majority of our modeling in Revit so using the plugin APL is a must. Thank you for the reply. I'll figure it out sooner or later.
        OK so you have the real APL, check this out

view the Control points video
        Last edited by Dave Jones; May 1, 2017, 07:17 PM.
        I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment