Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

takeoff specific area

Dear Friends:
    Is there a way to calculate the take-offs of some material, of one specific area of the project.
    for example, if you see the image below.

i want to know the takeoffs of beams and roofs, considering, that if i cut a Beam or roof, i only want the volume of the beam that is in the red polygon.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Add a parameter called something like "zone" and filter by it would be the best way I could imagine doing this.
    Michael
    Canberra, Australia

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

One possible solution is this: break up your project in phases. For example, that portion could be "Building A". Change that building to that phase. Run a Material Take-off schedule, select a category, such as "Structural framing", and then from the Phase drop down menu, select "Building A".
      Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

First part is doable. I would go with the phases, like Alf suggested.
        Second part isn't. You cannot have a part of an element calculated and another part not calculated.
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.
          I think the phases is a good idea, but i need to divide some elements. If i Can´t get the takeoff only cutting the element by selection.
          Is there a way to divide the elements, for example i want to divide the beams in three similar parts, and the slabs in nine parts.

Comment

Do you think is it posible if i create some task or macro?

Comment

Originally posted by MichellGutierrez View Post
              Thanks for the suggestions.
              I think the phases is a good idea, but i need to divide some elements. If i Can´t get the takeoff only cutting the element by selection.
              Is there a way to divide the elements, for example i want to divide the beams in three similar parts, and the slabs in nine parts.
              you can divide slab, floors, walls and plan roofs by making Parts of them, then divide the part.

I use this for the same purpose as yours, just think a beam should not be divided maybe, construction thinking?
              Julien
              "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
              P. DAC
              Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jbenoit44 View Post
                you can divide slab, floors, walls and plan roofs by making Parts of them, then divide the part.

I use this for the same purpose as yours, just think a beam should not be divided maybe, construction thinking?
                Julien, but can you create parts along the length of an object? like dividing a beam that is 60 feet long in 2 or 3 parts? I understand that Parts refers to the components of the objects, doesn't it?
                Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

beams can`t be, but a floor /wall/roof component can be splited in more parts if you want.

Comment

Phasing is the way to go for this solution.

Comment