Slab Slope lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slab Slope lines

My engineer wanted me to set slab elevation points on a parking structure slab for drainage.
    This is my first parking structure and I'm not sure exactly what's happening.

When I set the elevations (0, -8", and -16") at the locations my engineer requested, Revit added lines to the slab... not where my engineer wanted them.

I'd rather not reset my slab and "dummy" it; but, I'm not sure what else I can do.

(In the attached pic, the black lines are what Revit put in. The Red dashed are where my Engineer wants them.)
    Attached Files
    Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
    AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional / Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional / Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional
    ACAD2021, RST2014-2021 / Windows 10, 64-bit

Sad thing is that the lines added by Revit is probably the correct way of showing what you´ve modeled.

So either:
    1. Modify the slap shape handles (edges and points) to show it like the engineer wants.
    2. Turn of "Floors > Interior Edges" in VG, and draw in the "fake" lines...
    3. "Dummy" it up, by resetting the shape, and then draw in the lines...
    You should IMHO go for option 1, even though it could be a challenge with that shape.

PS: Have a look at this reply by Scott Brown... It´s about roofs, but the technique also applies to floors.
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Leanne,

You can force Revit to do the slope the way you want by warping the slab with the Modify Sub Elements. Its confusing at first. 2 tools i find useful are the "Add Split Line" and "Add Point". The way Revit wants the slab is that the outside like is at a constant height. With the Modify Sub Elements you can adjust the edge heights of the slab to give Revit the needed faces to display your lines the way you want.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. My Architects LOVE warping roofs. IT SUCKS!!!
      -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
        Leanne,

You can force Revit to do the slope the way you want by warping the slab with the Modify Sub Elements. Its confusing at first. 2 tools i find useful are the "Add Split Line" and "Add Point". The way Revit wants the slab is that the outside like is at a constant height. With the Modify Sub Elements you can adjust the edge heights of the slab to give Revit the needed faces to display your lines the way you want.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. My Architects LOVE warping roofs. IT SUCKS!!!
        That's where I'm at right now... I just added all my Split Lines... next to try to figure out how to add my points and their elevations without blowing my plan representation...
        Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
        AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional / Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional / Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional
        ACAD2021, RST2014-2021 / Windows 10, 64-bit

Comment

select the floor, modify sub-elements, select a point or a line, then you're allowed to type a value.
          Julien
          "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
          P. DAC
          Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LeanneZ View Post
            That's where I'm at right now... I just added all my Split Lines... next to try to figure out how to add my points and their elevations without blowing my plan representation...
            The shape handels will allign and snap to faces in 3D. Be patient.
            -Alex Cunningham

Comment