Grid Line Marking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grid Line Marking

I cannot give the grid line marking that what I had given in model. I lost it so I did creat another one grid and gave that marking again. Shown the error as already used in the file but I cannot find that grid every where. I just start to study Revit. If someone can help me, thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://vimeo.com/200167606

Try to go or create any elevation view perpendicularly from your missing grids and set the far clipping to no clip and then check all your grids are there and drag up above to highest level you have.
    Check the video enclosed as you observe that gridline# will lost at plan view in level 2 coz it never passed on that level.

Hope this help you.

Comment

I tried as your video that I did not try. Still cannot get it. I found out that grid ID so I tried with select by ID. Just know the place but cannot see[emoji27]

Comment

It's been a LONG time since I've run into this issue. I was probably on Revit Structure 8 at the time and there have been a lot of updates since then. And I'm not sure if any of these ideas will help. But these are some things I would try...

1. at the bottom of your view window, one of the icons is a lightbulb. Hover over it; it will have the tooltip: "Reveal Hidden Elements." Click on it and see if your misbehaving grid line shows up. If it does, click once on it to select it, then right-click and choose "Un-hide in view" > "Elements"

2. Since you're able to find the grid line using "Select by ID," once it's selected, delete it.

3. Since you're able to find the grid line using "Select by ID," once it's selected, change it's designation in the objects properties to a grid name you're likely not going to use. That will free up the number that you want to use for your new grid.

I'm assuming you're looking at a plan view. Sometimes in section view, when we're not cutting the section absolutely perpendicular to the grid line, we don't see the grid line in our section. I'm wondering if somehow the invisible grid line somehow got skewed out of the cut plane of the floor plan.
        Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
        AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional / Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional / Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional
        ACAD2021, RST2014-2021 / Windows 10, 64-bit

Comment

Looks to me like hes putting that grid on a workset that is either Unloaded, or Not visible.
          Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
          @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Only tangentially related to the thread:
            Are you folks aware of the Snipping Tool in Windows?
            It's a lot easier to use (and clearer) than taking a photo with your phone.
            Snipping Tool 2.PNG

Ironically enough, it's not easy to take a Snip of the Snipping Tool itself!
            Dave Plumb
            BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Thank you guys. I had chosen option #2. Later on I will try the option #1 & 3. Yah have to check workset too. [emoji120]

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
                Looks to me like hes putting that grid on a workset that is either Unloaded, or Not visible.
                I used to reveal hidden elements as a first step to find lost things. Now I start with checking worksets ����
                There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Try to delete via Grid Schedule.

Comment