Create lines at scales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create lines at scales

I appologize for my bad englisch and my poor understanding of the Revit mechanism.
    When i draw a bunch of (detail) lines it will only create the ones corresponding to a specific zoom-in factor.

Is there any setting to turn off this kind of 'machine thinking'?
    Last edited by HansLammerts; December 14, 2016, 02:17 PM.

Hi HansLammerts, I want to understand your problem, frankly I don't get it, may you upload an screen shot or something?, I ask you because in a normal way Revit let you draw your lines no matter which scale you have set, regards
    Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
    Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
    E.A Poe

Comment

This behaviour is what i mean Andreas.
      Only drawn when zoomed in.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Hi HansLammerts, Ok I see, I try to re-create the problem in my computer using the elements I just saw in your GIF, Scale 1:200, detail line and zooming to draw, I found that the Units you're using may cause this behavior, I suppose that you're working in cm or mm because is when I set up my units in cm or mm that Revit are not able to draw only if I zoom to do it, I suppose this behavior is caused by the "minimum line size" that Revit have and sincerely I don't remember how much it is, the thing is that the size of your line have to much to do with your problem because Revit is not capable to draw this very tiny object but zooming, sorry for not to have a much more specific answer, regards
        Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
        Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
        "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
        E.A Poe

Comment

That is true. The other half of the world is using Revit in mm.
          This behavior is indeed caused by the a "minimum line size", my question remains : is this ajustable?

(a little bit of background.. i *..love..* dimensioning in Revit, working out ZEN all day long, but in most cases in civil it is not possible .. So we are forced to use some this small-line-workaround. Any improvement in the near five years would be welcome)
          Last edited by HansLammerts; December 15, 2016, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Go to Manage - Snaps
            It says "Snaps adjust as views are zoomed. The largest value that represents less than 2mm on screen is used."

You can try changing this but it may not be possible to draw an annotation less than 2mm on screen. (Drawing a pipe or other model object smaller than 2mm on screen is possible).

" i *..love..* dimensioning" Well then the world needs more people like you...so I dont have to do it
            Last edited by josephpeel; December 15, 2016, 10:03 AM.
            "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment