Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join geometry

hello fellow Revit users

once upon a time when I used the join geometry tool ( same material ) I got a clean shape however now I get a thin line showing where the geometry was joined. ( please see pic)

what exactly controls this thin line in OBJECY STYLE?
    how can I get rid of it without using the invisible line work tool?
    please help
    Attached Files

Just a thought, but is it because the two walls touch but are not connected? Using the "disallow join" on the end of the wall but going back with the join tool without realizing it?

I'm able to reproduce it in my model and that seems to be "a cause" but it might not be your cause of the issue.
    RB Cameron, AIA, LEED AP, EDAC, NCARB
    Architect - Parametric Designer - Visualization Instructor
    Download Healthcare Revit Models
    Download Revit+3dsMax Models

Comment

Originally posted by rbcameron1 View Post
      Just a thought, but is it because the two walls touch but are not connected? Using the "disallow join" on the end of the wall but going back with the join tool without realizing it?

I'm able to reproduce it in my model and that seems to be "a cause" but it might not be your cause of the issue.
      hi there,
      even in the case of two walls I get the same thin line when they are allowed to join.
      and my apologies for not mentioning,
      the image above is a section of a conc. wall attaching to conc. floor

thanks and cheers

Comment

Is it because it's two different materials? If you join elements with different materials you will get a line between the two materials. Edit: Never mind, just saw that you said they were the same material.
        Last edited by UKN; November 28, 2016, 06:20 PM.

Comment

One item Structural the other not?
          Alex Page
          RevitWorks Ltd
          Check out our Door Factory, the door maker add-in for Revit

Comment

hi all
            same material, both structural and still see that UUGHHH line.
            all good points, need more
            cheers

- - - Updated - - -

hi all
            same material, both structural and still see that UUGHHH line.
            all good points, need more
            cheers

Comment

It could be the depth of your section. ie it is 'deep' enough to pick up a slab edge and the line you see is hidden line of the edge.

Comment

It is my opinion that you have a slight difference in your view range where one object goes deeper, or higher than the other.
                ie. go to elevation, and see if the object stops at the bottom/top of the other object or if it continues past.

You will often see this kind of thing when you have a really slight difference in these objects.
                Last edited by Karalon10; February 2, 2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Hi guys

Any idea how to join this curved wall in the middle to the others so the lines disappear and the windows cut ? Join geometry works on walls that are in straight line but I'm having trouble with the curved one ?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi HSG11, to make the lines disappear you can use the line modifier tool you have in Modify - View (See Image),

There is also the Join geometry tool you can use for this specific case,

secondly for the window cut maybe the modify wall boundary can help you, regards
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Andres Franco; February 1, 2017, 10:04 AM.
                    Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
                    Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
                    "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
                    E.A Poe

Comment