Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REVISION Clouds

Hi all new to the forum

Having a problem with revision clouds, say I have revision 1 on sheet s1 and revision 1 and 2 on sheet s2
    when I turn off revision cloud 1 on s2 it turns off revision cloud on s1, is there a way around this I need the cloud on s1.

Thanks for any help

What are you doing to "turn off" the revision cloud? Are you deleting it or turning it off in a view template? Are the clouds in the view or on the sheets?
    Julie Kidder
    Architect + BIM Director
    Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

Revisions on sheet...near the bottom of properties in a sheet view.
      There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Also are your revisions set to "by project" or "by page"?

When you go to the revisions table where you input a new revision, make sure the option "by page" is checked otherwise the revision applies to the entire project when you check the revision box for that revision.

Comment

The clouds are on the sheet, then go to revisions choose rev 1 and change cloud and tag to tag.
          The revision cloud 1 turns off on sheet s2 which I need but turns off on s1 which I need to stay on

Comment

Make sure its set to "by sheet"
            Attached Files

Comment

I have it set to per sheet, the revisions are placed on the sheet. Completely stumped

Comment

mark the #1 to "diffused" (whatever it is in the English version)

Comment

Originally posted by dman View Post
                  The clouds are on the sheet, then go to revisions choose rev 1 and change cloud and tag to tag.
                  The revision cloud 1 turns off on sheet s2 which I need but turns off on s1 which I need to stay on
                  This is what's happening. Keep this setting to "Cloud and Tag". If you want to hide a revision in a sheet, you do it in the sheet, by literally hiding it (Element Hide). To keep the Revision documented on the sheet when the cloud is hidden, do this: while you're in the sheet and nothing selected, on Properties you'll see an Edit button for "Revisions for Sheet", in which you can manually keep the Revision Description visible in the Rev Index on the sheet.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

-TZ
                  Tannar Z. Frampton ™
                  Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment

Thanks for the help, keeping cloud and tag checked and hiding the cloud works.
                    Only drawback is we lose the tag for the clouds that are hidden.

Thanks again

Comment