Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lineweight Slab Edge

Has anyone seen this beauty before.
    Draw 2 slabs side by side with 2 different slab thicknesses. Join the slabs so you have a soffit line showing a step in the soffit.
    Then lineweight an edge of both slabs to something different.
    Notice that when you lineweight the second slab, the soffit line disappears! Magic. This is a problem in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
    Bit of a problem when you may want to change a slab edge to a construction joint with a different line pattern.

I think this is the correct behavior. You are over riding the line work with the lineweight tool. Try tabbing thru the lines untill you get the projection line of the deeper slab.
    -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Agree, that I am over riding the lines, but not the soffit line, just the slab edge. Also, all the slab edges are projection lines as the cut plane is set above the slab.
      With the over ride tool, evit should only allow you to over ride the lines you select, not any others.

Comment

That is odd. And agree that its a bug, there is no reason it should do that

I would never use override for CJs anyway though. You too often have to show CJs on more than one plan if you have GA, Reo etc. which is better down with model lines, or a specific line based family
        Revit BLOGGAGE

http://www.revic.org.au

Comment