Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Fasttrac by CSC with Revit for Structure

Hello all,

Has anyone used the structural analysis program called Fastrac? Its from a company called CSC. We have a demo this week from a representative. I don't really know anything about it yet, but it supossed to be capable of syncing with Revit, or at least have an output that will load to Revit. I just wondered if anyone has used it yet or had any opinions.

Thanks!

Sarah
    Sarah Foulkes

Not a Revit Robot

Originally posted by safoulkes View Post
    Hello all,

Has anyone used the structural analysis program called Fastrac? Its from a company called CSC. We have a demo this week from a representative. I don't really know anything about it yet, but it supossed to be capable of syncing with Revit, or at least have an output that will load to Revit. I just wondered if anyone has used it yet or had any opinions.

Thanks!

Sarah
    Sarah-

Ive used it with Revit. It does a very nice conversion, as long as you are okay with that Models conversion being built based on stock OOTB RST content. That means standard OOTB Beams, Columns, Framing, Slabs, etc. The "converter" doesnt have options for using your own content (although you can use your own template), so it goes looking for specific Family Types (Which it wants to associate to the OOTB Family Names, as our custom RST Content even uses the same TC's as the OOTB stuff, and still doesnt work). Its not an IFC translator, it appears to build a model with the stock content based on the CSC Model.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment