Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joining beam-floor

Hey,

i have made a floor of 2 components 7 cm and 23 cm concrete. Both a different material. The beam has the same material as de second layer of 23 cm. If i join these 3 ellements, sometimes joined it well and sometimes not and revit change the material of the beam.

floor not joined:
    gejoined.jpg

Floor joined WRONG (material beam changed)
    gejoined-fout.jpg

Floor joined correct
    gejoined-goed.jpg
    Attached Files

Hi,
    we often use these type of floors.
    Discussion is always continuing weather to model the separate plate or just one thickness of floor (30cm. in this case).

Revit has trouble joining elements consisting of different materials a.f.a.i.k.

There are 3 options:
    1 floor of 30 cm. with an 2d filled region
    2 floor as shown with lots of joining trouble
    3 seperate floor layers (7cm. and 23cm.) can be joined but generating other problems

Common practice for now: model 1 thickness (30cm.) join it with beams etc. and in a section simply place a 2d filled region of 7cm. at the correct place.

Regards,
    Jan

Comment

I do this:
      a multi-layer floor (7 + 23 + finish if needed) joined to beams, and I play with Parts for schedule and cutviews.
      Julien
      "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
      P. DAC
      Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jpdomein View Post
        Hi,
        we often use these type of floors.
        Discussion is always continuing weather to model the separate plate or just one thickness of floor (30cm. in this case).

Revit has trouble joining elements consisting of different materials a.f.a.i.k.

There are 3 options:
        1 floor of 30 cm. with an 2d filled region
        2 floor as shown with lots of joining trouble
        3 seperate floor layers (7cm. and 23cm.) can be joined but generating other problems

Common practice for now: model 1 thickness (30cm.) join it with beams etc. and in a section simply place a 2d filled region of 7cm. at the correct place.

Regards,
        Jan
        I won't go here. Let's say you want to schedule the amount of in-place concrete: not possible.
        Every detail you need to reapply the DC's which is a PITA
        If your floor thickness, placement or the thickness of one of the layers changes: major coordination issues...

As for the OP: I've never seen a concrete beam change material by itself (nor any other Revit component for that matter). How is the material assigned to the beam? With a parameter or through the object styles?
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Its a confusing area, but there is usually reason to the madness depending on the order it was modeled, and the order it is joined. Then once you change an elements material halfway though you will get different results

Another workflow for the floor is to use a structural deck, with the structural deck option you can allow for a cantilever at the beam support which you apply in the slab sketch on the design options bar. Its a time consuming workflow though
          Revit BLOGGAGE

http://www.revic.org.au

Comment