RST Q1: Formwork drawing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RST Q1: Formwork drawing

A revit structure guy asked me if it is possible with RST.
    It is possible to have the cropped sections of structural beams and floors displayed over the structural plan?
    (see picture)
    p.s. these is the graphic standard here for a concrete formwork drawing.

If not, how can you do it with RST?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gaby424; July 13, 2011, 08:58 PM.

this has to be detail components, or a crazy workflow :crazy: by putting cut views upon the sheet. no other way.
    Julien
    "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
    P. DAC
    Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

ok. The cut view was an idea for me first time but it`s indeed an crazy workflow. So then, the question is, in US where RST is developed, what is the drawing convension to provide the formwork floorplans for the workers that can be extracted from RST? Or there are not such kind of floorplans as a concept? I mean, i want to see if RST have something like that, maybe we can adapt with the out of the box RST convention and explain it to the constructor.
      Last edited by gaby424; July 14, 2011, 07:30 AM.

Comment

I'm so glad someone asked that. In my very first Revit CD, I did just what Julien said was the only reasonable thing.
        Formwork.jpg
        Lots of section views, view template with filter, extra dimension style for rotated views...
        But I wouldn't like to do it again, especially if some multi-storey building comes up.
        I was expecting that RST has some better tools for formwork plans, and I'm very disappointed if it is not a case. Worst of all, here in Croatia, it is usually an Architect's job, not Structural Engineers...

Comment

Thank the lord we can do this on separate drawings... only section markers in the structural floor plans.
          Martijn de Riet
          Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
          MdR Advies
          Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

if having plan and cut views at the same place is your standard, I would suggest you to use callouts referencing cut views, so you can put the cut view on the sheet very close to the callout. hopefuly I don't have to do this, I use plan views and cut views separately.
            Julien
            "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
            P. DAC
            Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gaby424 View Post
              these is the graphic standard here for a concrete formwork drawing.
              Where is here?
              Erik Snell, P.E.
              Factory Worker (Principal User Experience Designer)
              I am an Autodesk employee and the opinions or commentary I provide are my own and not necessarily that of Autodesk, Inc.

Comment

romania almost near croatia

Comment

How would you add rebar to such a dense drawing?
                  Erik Snell, P.E.
                  Factory Worker (Principal User Experience Designer)
                  I am an Autodesk employee and the opinions or commentary I provide are my own and not necessarily that of Autodesk, Inc.

Comment

Rebar goes on a separate layout, where formwork is shown as outline only.

Comment