Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RST Extensions - Vibration Analysis and Load Takedown Extension

Hi,

I have set a simple model of 4 steel post steel beams and a floor with a structural deck.
    When I try to run the Floor Vibration Analyser extension I get a warning message saying "Ensure selection includes at least one composite slab". What am i missing?

Also when I try to run the Load Takedown Extension I get prompted for "Adoption of Active Section Database" which list my steel section used in the model. I tried to add members to the active database but nothing seem to happen. I have our steel members which are similar to the OOTB members. Are there any criteria or parameter that the steel members have to fulfil to be bale to work?
    I have made the material a type parameter rather than an instance for all our members am not sure how that affects it all.

If anyone have any suggestion or input that would be appreciated.

Thanks
    J

Hi,

I have attached a simple revit model. I can't run the Vibration Analyser and/or Composite Designer. Would appreciate if someone could open the file and see if they can run it.

Thanks
    J
    Attached Files

Comment

Had a quick look, but I think this would be better answered by someone from Adesk.

For the composite slab, my guess would be that it is looking for a particular material type, I tried loading in the default slab type from the 2012 Metric template but it made no difference.

For the load takedown, mine got to the analysis window, but it looks like you need to set up some load-combinations to get it to analyze. At what stage was yours getting the error "Adoption of Active Section Database" did you get the dialog open at all?

The help files a limited on these extensions tools, but if you are on subscription support, I am sure Adesk could sort it pretty quickly
      Revit BLOGGAGE

http://www.revic.org.au

Comment

Vibrations Analysis

J,

I was poking around these forums on an unrelated mission when I noticed this thread. I figured I'd take a look at your model since it sounds pretty simple and like it should work. Unfortunately, this tool was never intended for use outside of the United States so it simply doesn't support Metric units or associated families. Sorry for the confusion, this seems to be more a distribution/communication problem than a software problem I guess. You can still contact Autodesk for confirmation (I don't work for them) or just to let them know it needs to be made more clear.

-Mike King

Comment