• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Questions (3D Modeling, Analytical Link) - Revit Structure

Hi There,

I really have 4 questions -issues- Faced me while modeling

First,
    I attached a screenshot of the problem (there are voids between elements columns & Beams ) and Revit keep telling me that elements are joined but don't intersect and I want these voids to disappear or get filled.

Second,
    I want to know how to draw a curved beam moving under a spiral stair connecting to different levels.

Third,
    At analytical adjust there is something called "ANALYTICAL LINK"
    Does that mean this link will be a line element like beam or column?
    or
    Will it mean that the 2 nodes that being linked will be defined as one node at analysis.

Fourth,
    Can I draw an architectural elements at the same structural model to be able to visualize how the building will look like eventually.

Will appreciate any help..

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Mo.
    Attached Files

It looks as though Revit is seeing the column and beam connected, assuming the beams go to the center of the column. I would check the family and see if what the "Material for Model Behavior" is set to. This controls how elements clean up when the family are joined. If one is set to wood while the other is concrete you can get weird joins.

Draw the beam flat and change the start/end level offsets. Use the stair and a spot elevation to figure out the heights

Analytical links are for offset beams to columns (12 wide beam aligned to a single side of a 24 column), it will be an analytical line from the end of the beam to the CL of the column. Of course all analytical elements are only there if you are cloud analyzing or exporting to an analytical program

Absolutely and entire model including all disciples could be created.
    Brian Mackey |BD Mackey Consulting
    www.bdmackeyconsulting.com/blog
    @Twitter

Comment

Thanks very much...for the fourth question how can I do this??

Comment

Touching on what Brian said at the end, you can have architecture, structure and MEP all modeled together in the same model. You might need separate plan views to do model properly though. View Tab > Plan Views > Structural Plan or Floor Plan (this is architectural and/or MEP).
        To see all disciplines in a particular view, look in your Properties window and you'll see a discipline set. Change it from Structural to Coordination. Another thing that hangs people up is that if you have a wall that doesn't have Structural checked in the Properties.. it won't show up in structural views.
        Ryan Taube
        BIM Manager - Clayco Construction | Lamar Johnson Collaborative

Comment

Originally posted by ryntau View Post
          Touching on what Brian said at the end, you can have architecture, structure and MEP all modeled together in the same model. You might need separate plan views to do model properly though. View Tab > Plan Views > Structural Plan or Floor Plan (this is architectural and/or MEP).
          To see all disciplines in a particular view, look in your Properties window and you'll see a discipline set. Change it from Structural to Coordination. Another thing that hangs people up is that if you have a wall that doesn't have Structural checked in the Properties.. it won't show up in structural views.
          Thanks very much for clarification...it's working with me.

Comment