Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disconnect top and bottom of a wall

Hi!

Does someone know if there is a quicker way to disconnect all the walls at one stroke instead of disconnect the walls from the slabs one by one?

Thanks,

François

Select them all and Detach Base?
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Ok, but is there a general tool which enable us to detach all the walls without selecting one (or more)? I imagine a tool 'Detach all the walls'. It may doesn't exist, I just ask.

Comment

Select all the walls first. Then the "Modify|Walls" tab shows up. Choose "Detach Top/Base." After that, on the options bar you get the <Detach All> button.
        Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
        AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional / Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional / Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional
        ACAD2021, RST2014-2021 / Windows 10, 64-bit

Comment

So we always need to select the walls. Does it not possible to select all the walls thanks to the arborescence (on the left of the screen)?
          Last edited by François; June 23, 2011, 02:01 PM.

Comment

you can right-click on a wall and select all instances visible in view. or select everything and use the filter. or select by types using a schedule (see my post WYSIWYG in French corner).
            Julien
            "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
            P. DAC
            Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jbenoit44 View Post
              you can right-click on a wall and select all instances visible in view.
              Oops! I was gonna post that, but I got side-tracked. ;-)
              Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
              AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional / Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional / Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional
              ACAD2021, RST2014-2021 / Windows 10, 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by François View Post
                Ok, but is there a general tool which enable us to detach all the walls without selecting one (or more)? I imagine a tool 'Detach all the walls'. It may doesn't exist, I just ask.
                Nope, it's not there. I suppose it can be mounted using API, since it's just a series of commands. But I wouldn't use it. In my opinion, detaching Walls is something you don't want to use lightly.
                Martijn de Riet
                Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                MdR Advies
                Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment