Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how could we change rebar bar system ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how could we change rebar bar system ???

Hi all
    How could we change re-bar bar system ???
    The default system for diameters are 10m -13m - 16m - 19 m
    I want to change it into en 10080 european standard system 8-10-12-14-16-18-20 ......
    I want to change the diameter of rebar
    Best regards

In another way:
    Could we add new diameter to the old series of rebar size ??
    the exist series 10-13-15-19-........
    could we insert 12 as a new size of rebar ??
    Best regards

Comment

pretty easy,

in your template or project, click on the rebar families in the family browser and edit the type properties to suit your required standards, you can also add a new type here to suit 12.

for some reason I cant load a picture to help more so reply if need more help.

Comment

Thanks Mr ralph
        I already opened the type properties for rebar, but I didn't find the way to suit the standard system or customize it.
        Yes I agree with you we could suit the size by the bar diameter, but my asked is to change the all parameters of this size together as a type or family.
        rebar type properties.jpg
        Best regards
        Attached Files

Comment

So in your picture there is the button duplicate, you can then rename this and change the settings to suit your new "12" bar type.
          As far as I know there no other way to do it as there no families types you can edit other than for rebar shape its self.

Comment

Thanks Mr ralph
            I agree with you we can duplicate the type, but the problem is the features of the new type like " standard bend diameter " I can't know what is the true standard diameter for new size,and when we add it in another way as a system ,it was added with its own properties.
            When I have revit 2014 the three series of size or three system were already installed, and with revit 2015 only one series.
            I partly solved by merge a rebar from old file contains the second system of size ,it was merged with full type properties.
            Best regards

Comment

aren't the bend radii based on bar thickness? so you can look it up in rebar standards and use that?

Comment