X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeanneZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
    Yeah I in my testing I found that it seems to be the deck cut profile that causes the weird line thing when there a hole in the slab. Only have seen it on large slabs too.
    (Grrr... I cannot get to RFO via my work computer ... )

For me, it looks like slabs with a radiused edge + other bumps. If I copy the slab and edit them, where the radiused portion is small and simple, the extra line goes away.

Leave a comment:

• Alex Cunningham
    replied
    Yeah I in my testing I found that it seems to be the deck cut profile that causes the weird line thing when there a hole in the slab. Only have seen it on large slabs too.

Leave a comment:

• LeanneZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
    Its not the slap edge.

I have seen this before. Tell me do you have any opening in your floors? Shaft opening? or just simply editied profiles of your slab that allow openings.

I bet you do.

Its something about large floors that have openings in them that the floor has a deck profile assigned. Ive fixted it before by spliting up my floor into smaller segments. Only fix ive found.

Hope this helps.
    Yes, I was just trying to come back to say it's not the slab edge ... right now I only have slab edge at 2nd floor, but the extra line is showing at 3rd floor also.

I do have openings. Coworker put some in as shafts. Slab is somewhat "L" shaped, so I may try breaking it into smaller slabs....

I'll report back ...

Leave a comment:

• Alex Cunningham
    replied
    Its not the slap edge.

I have seen this before. Tell me do you have any opening in your floors? Shaft opening? or just simply editied profiles of your slab that allow openings.

I bet you do.

Its something about large floors that have openings in them that the floor has a deck profile assigned. Ive fixted it before by spliting up my floor into smaller segments. Only fix ive found.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• LeanneZ
    replied
    you may be on to something...

A few weeks ago, I posted, that a contract "Revit Guru" came in and told our architects that "oh, structural can model their slab edges..." and I spent more time on getting that to work than I had expected.

So, yes! I do have a slab edge in there. All the more reason for me to abandon this dang slab edge thing and tell the arch's we cannot do it at this time! Woohoo!

Leave a comment:

• ptranberg
    replied
    Is there a slabedge connected to the slab?
    Maybe it's the profile for the metaldeck!

Leave a comment:

• LeanneZ
    started a topic Has anybody seen this extra line?

Has anybody seen this extra line?

Somehow, it's attached to my floor; 6 1/4" CIP Concrete on 3" Composit Metal Deck. When I cut sections, this line sometimes shows up.

Attached are two sections, cut in different directions...

What is this line? When I click on it, it highlights my floor. How can I get rid of this line?
    Attached Files