Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RST 2012 Help Files

Dear All,

My installed RST 2012 does not have its html help files. When I press F1, it does not open the help files and says the ... file is not found. In RST 2011 it worked well.

Please show me the way how to overcome this problem.

Thanks
    Regards,
    Ali Akbar

Hi Ali.

The help files are now on the Autodesk Wiki site, and pressing F1 should open your browser and take you to the Wiki.

Originally posted by RevitClinic
    In the Revit 2012 ini there are two lines about help in the [Documentation] section:

[Documentation]
    UseHelpServer=1
    HelpBrowser=0

If UseHelpServer is set to 1 Revit will first look to the online wikihelp, if it cannot find a internet connection, it will pull up the local help instead. If you set UseHelpServer to 0 the local help will always be used.

If HelpBrowser is set to 0 Revit will use your systems default internet browser (whatever that may be). If you set it to 1, Revit will use Internet Explorer.

The wikihelp includes this information on the Online help page.
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Dear Munkholm,

I mean the offline help files, since most of times I do not have access to internet. How can I get the offline help.

Thanks

Comment

Ali, you need to edit the Revit.INI file as mentioned above:

If you set UseHelpServer to 0 the local help will always be used. :beer:

The revit.ini file is placed in either

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2012\Program\UserDataCache (2012), or
        C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2011\Program\ (2011)
        Klaus Munkholm
        "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

I was curious about what to do if after making changes to the ini file, you get an error stating that the help file cannot be found. Where would I locate such a help file for revit arch 2012?

Comment

Originally posted by acs1414 View Post
            I was curious about what to do if after making changes to the ini file, you get an error stating that the help file cannot be found. Where would I locate such a help file for revit arch 2012?
            Help
            -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Alex, as you can see from image 1 revit is looking for the index.html file in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2012\Program\wbh folder... the only problem is the wbh folder does not exist on my machine. i have attached some photos to show you what is going on... I am not sure why i dont have the files available to me.1.JPG2.JPG

Comment

You need to edit your INI file to path to a different location... a web address.
                -Alex Cunningham

Comment