Arrowhead Pen weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrowhead Pen weight

is there any way of controlling the "Heavy end pen weight" of the "Arrow filled 15 Degree"? Is is grey out in the Arrohead properties window...
    8.5X11.jpg

It's grayed out because it doesn't apply. Heavy End Pen Weight isn't connected to the Arrow Style. Change the Arrow Style to "Heavy end tick mark" and it'll be available.

And yes I agree it's a little deceiving.
    Tannar Z. Frampton ™
    Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment

ahh... then how do I control the arrow's lineweight of my tag?8.5X11.jpg

Comment

It's a two part scenario. The "Arrow Width Angle" in the System Family is what controls the illusory "lineweight" of the arrowhead itself. If you want the leader line and landing to "thicken" then simply edit the lineweight in Type Properties of the Text Style, or if it's a Tag, open Visibilty/Graphics (or Object Styles) and go to Annotation Objects, then select the Tag category and edit the line weight there.

HTH
        Tannar Z. Frampton ™

Comment

So, if i understood properly, the tag symbol & the leader are to be the SAME lineweight. There is no way of having different lineweight (one for the symbol & one for the leader)...

Comment

Originally posted by jean_francois_nant View Post
            So, if i understood properly, the tag symbol & the leader are to be the SAME lineweight. There is no way of having different lineweight (one for the symbol & one for the leader)...
            Yes there is, go into your Tag Family and create a new Sub-Category, then select the linework and place the linework on the new Sub-Category. Once you load back into your project, under V/G and Object Styles, you'll now see an expand icon next to the Tag category and the new Sub-Category, controlling only the selected linework.
            Tannar Z. Frampton ™

Comment

And goodness gracious turn that black background to white like it's suppose to be!! Use Revit in the manner it was intended instead of trying desperately to make it match the AutoCAD environment, haha
              Tannar Z. Frampton ™

Comment

:thumbsup: You're the best! I got it the way I like it. As for the black background, since I've color everything it does not come really good on white...

Thanks again for your time!!!:laugh:
                Attached Files

Comment

Glad you got it working.
                  Tannar Z. Frampton ™

Comment

Originally posted by tzframpton View Post
                    Yes there is, go into your Tag Family and create a new Sub-Category, then select the linework and place the linework on the new Sub-Category. Once you load back into your project, under V/G and Object Styles, you'll now see an expand icon next to the Tag category and the new Sub-Category, controlling only the selected linework.
                    I see this is an old post. If possible, would someone be able to walk me through this process? I don't understand how to create a new tag family subcategory and how that would affect the arrowhead. (I am very new to Revit) I need the arrowhead to be dark like a 5 and the leader to stay the same at 1. This is for a text leader. I posted a new post on it, but just saw this, and thought I'd try to ask here as well. Thank you!

Comment