Floor drain - View Specific display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor drain - View Specific display

I have created a floor drain family. I've set all the geometry View specific display option OFF (plan/RCP, Front/Back & Left/right). Why is it that I see the floor drain in my project from any plan view...? Did i miss something?
    Capture.JPG
    Attached Files

You have some model lines in the family which is probably what you are seeing.
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

I had one circle which i removed... I can still see the drain in plan view...

Comment

Are you sure you are seeing the drain, and not the hole in the floor? The hole in the floor will be there regardless of the geometry of the drain...
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Ahh... My family is making a hole in the slab so, if I understand properly, there's no way of hidding the Void in the slab...?

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
            Are you sure you are seeing the drain, and not the hole in the floor? The hole in the floor will be there regardless of the geometry of the drain...
            or that :hide:

Originally posted by jean_francois_nant View Post
            Ahh... My family is making a hole in the slab so, if I understand properly, there's no way of hidding the Void in the slab...?
            Nope. The hole is there, not much you can do about it unless you make the drain so it doesn't cut the slab (which would be silly IMO)
            Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
            BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
              or that :hide:

Nope. The hole is there, not much you can do about it unless you make the drain so it doesn't cut the slab (which would be silly IMO)
              Linework tool set to invisible lines (per view).
              There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Thats the way to go...

Comment