Section Arrows in 1no. view only??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section Arrows in 1no. view only??

When i draw in section arrows on a plan, they appear in every other plan in my model file, i understand i can hide the section arrows from the other plans manually, but is there a way of making the section arrows automatically not appear in other plans but only the plan you draw it on?

Filters and view templates.
    Dan

Comment

Yes but wont that mean you have to do the opposite and have to turn on manually section arrows you want in other views? i thought there might have been some way around when clicking on the section arrow, making it only show in the current view only?

Comment

Craig, the main question is what is the decision making process behind turning off this particular section, and can it be automated? So, if this is a wall section, and you only want wall sections in certain views, then you can create a dedicated Wall Section section type, and use filters and view templates to turn all wall sections on or off in different plan view types. Another example is vertical circulation sections, which I only show in vertical circulation plans and other vertical circulation sections.
        But, if this is an odd bird section, that you want only shown in one plan, things get harder. Then again, Details offer a little more flexibility in this regard, and maybe this view is better off as a (section) detail?

Gordon
        Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

You can also hide sections and elevation markers by scale. It's in the properties: "hide at scales coarser than". This is very helpful sometimes as well.
          Dan

Comment

thanks for the advice guys

Comment