Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheViking
    replied
    That would be great. Our entire team would welcome the input and feedback.

Erik

Leave a comment:

• gdoherty0102
    replied
    Originally posted by TheViking View Post
    Yes, thank you for correcting my omission. Since rebar requires rebar cover parameters, we did not want to populate all elements with these parameters when they would not make sense. So it made sense to restrict the placement. Does this logic make sense? Would you rather see the restriction removed or maintained?

Thanks,
    Erik
    Erik,

Perhaps you and/or someone else from the factory would be willing to do a video conference or similar at some point. I work in the construction services department at my structural engineering firm in Colorado and 95% of what we do is rebar shop drawings. We have came across many different quirks with the Rebar detailing and have questions and suggestions. If you would be interested I can message you my email and phone number at the office.

Thanks,
    Grant

Leave a comment:

• TheViking
    replied
    Yes, thank you for correcting my omission. Since rebar requires rebar cover parameters, we did not want to populate all elements with these parameters when they would not make sense. So it made sense to restrict the placement. Does this logic make sense? Would you rather see the restriction removed or maintained?

Thanks,
    Erik

Leave a comment:

• gdoherty0102
    replied
    I would recommend using the "Rebar" tool, not area and path reinforcement. Rebar can be scheduled and quantified where as area and path can not be. There are some improvements that need to happen with the rebar tool, but it is best done by had rather than using the laying out tool if you need to get exact quantities rather than just the idea of bars being in an element.

Also, as Erik said the elements have to be concrete, but they also have to be structural. A wall that is set to non-baring or a "Column" rather than a "Structural Column" can not host rebar.

Leave a comment:

• TheViking
    replied
    Rebar can be placed in concrete elements. To do this you need to be in a cut view, like a section. This is because we can only display rebar cover references in cut views and they are critical to placement. Rebar are real Revit elements, however, we do ship some detail components that can be used for rebar documentation. It just depends on what you need from the elements.

Erik

Leave a comment:

• mdradvies
    replied
    I'm guessing this has to do with the type of component you are creating... Not every family type can be rebarred.

Leave a comment:

• scrogge
    started a topic Components with rebar

Components with rebar

I am new to Revit and have alot of questions. First one being, while using Revit Structural I noticed that the software has the ability to automatically add rebar to families such as floor slabs. Now when I create a component or family and import it into the model Revit does not recognize it as on object that rebar can be automatically be placed into. So I have been arraying my own rebar in my own components.

How do you add your rebar to components or custom made families?: crazy: