Post Tension Beam -Depth Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Tension Beam -Depth Issue

hi all, i want to create a post tension beam as shown in the attached file. i know i can make it as a separate beams, but i want that that kind of beam as one family so that i can view it in the schedule as one. is it possible to make that one? take not the the length where the beam depth should stop is variable depending on the location of the PT Beam. is it possible that there is a drag icon something in the family so that we can only adjust through dragging? tnx guys.
    Attached Files

The drag icon will appear if the dimension is controlled by an instance parameter.

Could you clarify about the interruption of the beam?
    Alexandre Cantin
    "BIM is happening now! Be part of it."

Comment

Hi alexo4141, yup, datbis exactly wat i wanted to do. Wat i mean s, can u give me somehow a procedure on how to model that PT beam? I want that the lengths of the beam can be adjusted depending on the length of the span. For example, in my framing plan, i have a PT beam whose length is 12m. But, the 7m length is 500mm depth, the 3m length is 700mm depth and the remaining 2m is 500mm depth. So i will create a beam base on that family so that the schedule will detect only one beam instead of creating 3beams. But how about if i have another PT beam on the other side whose length is 15m and the depths are on different lengths? What shall i do, or create a parameter in my beam family, so dat my family is intellegent enough to handle dat different beam lengths and sizes situation. I hope it clarify this one. Tnx again.

Comment

Alright, just made it on the corner... (RST2012)
        I really don't know if it's what you're looking for.

HTH

EDIT: In case you're interested, I also made a post tension beam with blend (which means that the height transition is progressive)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by alexo4141; November 24, 2011, 01:51 PM.
        Alexandre Cantin
        "BIM is happening now! Be part of it."

Comment

hi alexo4141, tnx for creating a family... this is exactly i wanted.. i have reviewed your family so that i will know how you control some of the parameters. thanks again.

Comment