Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic Family - Chamfer Issue

Hi Guys

I am creating a PCC Wall family for a small model I am working on. Its a bit experimental at the moment. Normally I would just draw the wall and do details for area's with chamfers, however this is a small building and thought I would give this as bash.

I have a small PCC wall that has got a 25mm chamfer to the top and ends. I made the family using a Generic Family, added reference planes and added some parameters. Now, I thought of an extrusion, this works, but I dont have the chamfers on the top of the wall. Now I am stuck.

How do I get the chamfers on the top and side? Extrusion then void former?

TIA.

I think you can create a face based family with a void extrusion array for the vertical ones, and another void extrusion for the top and bottom (on another plane, of course).

Have a parameter that controls the height, and one that controls the distance between the arrays. Then, load it in, place it on a wall, and use the cut tool.
    Dan

Comment

Perhaps, you could attach a profile to the wall type, this will take care of top and bottom.. Now for the vertical chamfer, you need the facebased family that Dan is talking about, this could be done with the same profile as used in the wall, and a sweep..

Comment

Thanks for the replies, its much appreciated.

I have made a face based family and added a chamfer. However, when I load it into the family I cannot cut my wall.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Thanks

Comment

Use the cut tool in the face based family. Then, it should cut automatically when you insert it on any face in the project.
          Dan

Comment