Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic board

Morning all

Am trying to make a generic board family, which I can later rotate in any plane in the project (the reason is it's a small but intricate plywood-clad building for which we're modelling all the elements (no system walls, roofs, etc), and need it to form the various the plywood cladding pieces). Which template is best to start the family on? I've already made the mistake of using a 'furniture' one, and can't now place instances in section/elevation...duh

Any non-hosted family template that is set to work plane based, or face based. Furniture included.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Ok, recreated the family using Metric Generic Model which I assume is non-hosted (how can one to tell?). I can place the plywood horizontally, but Revit won't allow it be rotated to form a vertical cladding panel. 'Pick new host' button is available, but won't allow me to pick a vertical grid, only levels.

Can't see answer in Help, RF, or "Revit Family Standards & Best Practices" which I bought to try and help (I'm sure the answers are there, but you need to know quite a lot of the answer already to 'read' it). Weird being a newbie in Revit...15yrs of Acad, Mircostation & Vectorworks absolutely no use. Just want put some plywood on a building which would take 2 seconds in any other program...

Comment

Does one need to add reference lines to the family to allow rotation? I had assumed you could simply place in plan/section/elevation and the instance would insert relative to the view..?

Comment

http://www.revitforum.org/architectu...html#post31276
          Klaus Munkholm
          "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

cheers M :beer:

Comment