Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truss Family

Hi Guys

I have made a truss family and it works well. Now I would like to know if it is possible to do the following.

The family I am using is 15m long and has ties at 2.5m with diagonal ties inbetween. The ties at 2.5m are at a maximum spacing. If the truss increases in length, i.e to say 20m then additional ties will be needed. I.e 15m = 7 ties (1 start & 1 end and 5 in between). 20m = 10 ties and so on.

Is it possible to make the family when the maximum number has reached to add a tie and diagonal or is this silly thinking?

Originally posted by MartinGT View Post
    Hi Guys

I have made a truss family and it works well. Now I would like to know if it is possible to do the following.

The family I am using is 15m long and has ties at 2.5m with diagonal ties inbetween. The ties at 2.5m are at a maximum spacing. If the truss increases in length, i.e to say 20m then additional ties will be needed. I.e 15m = 7 ties (1 start & 1 end and 5 in between). 20m = 10 ties and so on.

Is it possible to make the family when the maximum number has reached to add a tie and diagonal or is this silly thinking?
    Yes it is possible. In your truss family you will need add a few parameters for controlling the array of your ties. Take a stab at it. This forum post should help you with the parametric controls you need.

Come back and show us what you come up with or if you need some help.
    -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Maybe I've just got my terms wrong... But wouldn't ties in a truss usually be of different lengths?? In that case an array is not going to work... Martin, could you post the family, or at least a few screenshots, to clarify?
      Klaus Munkholm
      "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment